THE FAMILY OF THE DRAGON

Unlike the Scholars of Ganymedes and the Free Ones of Marcilla's Keep, the Masters of Dragon Hall, the Daemons saw their beginnings during the Expansion, particularly after the completion of Winterheart and Blackmoor.

The House of Daemon remains as the oldest of the Three Pillars.

It began with a young bard from Bravetown who sung a great many songs of war and love. But he remains forever known for his wonderous songs praising the first masters of Dragos; namely the Dragons.

Though the peoples of Bravetown and Snowy Hill sung praises for this young bard's songs of Dragons, the nobility did not take kindly to such songs, for their own personal reasons.

Daemon the Bard, as he was known, continued to sing his songs throughout the North, bringing joy and happiness to the people, while bringing annoyance to the nobles.

His next song about Dragons would be his last, as it drew the attention of Brandywine the Clever. The lord of Winterheart threatened Daemon with imprisonment or death if he were to sing any more songs that would offend the ears of his lordship.

Defiant as he was talented, Daemon told the weary lord of Winterheart to "go fuck himself" and spat in his face, before riding off out of Snowy Hill and far from the reach of Brandywine the Clever.

After spitting in the face of nobility, Daemon the Bard rode farther away from the frigid North and found himself near the seas.

The very locale that Daemon found was situated near the edge of a great cliff overlooking the Gulf of Dragons and beyond it the Trident Sea.

It was in this particular location that Daemon fell upon a massive gravesite with skeletons riddled everywhere, but these skeletons were not of humans, but of Dragons.

And so it came to pass that Daemon the Bard built himself a rather large cabin for himself and for others that were in his company, most of them being fair maidens, tavern wenches and brothel harlots. His singing and his womanizing could never be matched by any in the realm at the time, according to local legend.

It is said that on his deathbed, Daemon the Bard strummed his lute and began singing his final song of Dragons, before perishing in front of his loved ones, including his beloved wife, Neringa and their son Kristobal; the first son to bare the surname of Daemon. He was also going by the nickname of "Kristo".

According to legend, before dying, it was believed that Daemon the Bard shouted two words; two words that would eventually be the great words of the House of Daemon: "Rain Fire"!

At his request, the body of Daemon the Bard was buried in the dirt in front of the mass grave of Dragon skeletons; a rather morbid last request upon death, one would say.

But it was after Daemon the Bard's demise that the Daemons truly began to rise as a great family in the Winterlands.

Scholars agree that even though Daemon the Bard was the founding figure of the Daemon house, it was Kristo Daemon that put in the work of building the family from the ground up, starting with the reconstruction of the family home from being a mere cabin to a great stone palace that would be known as Dragon Hall.

Over a sixty year period, Kristo's vision of Dragon Hall came true, with its massive towers and a great many statues of Dragons, keeping with the patriarch's unnatural obsession with these extinct creatures. Even their family crest pays tribute to the mighty beasts that once ruled the realm.

Kristo even took part in the construction of the township of Firefield, which also looked out at the Gulf of Dragons.

And just as his father did, Kristo Daemon uttered the same words, "Rain Fire" upon his death.