THE LEGENDS OF DRAGOS

Much of the country's ancient history only comes from legends from every corner of the realm. A great many pages of history were lost in the Sacking of Ganymedes by religious fanatics who only wished destruction upon the City of Scholars.

It is thanks to these maniacs that all of Dragos' ancient history will never again be rediscovered and learned of.

So, legends and lore will suffice in the pages.

Let us hear these legends and myths from the words of Dragos' own men and women......

LEAVING THE OLD WORLD

As Told by Grand Scholar Nillios

Legend tells of a great exodus from the Old World of Argos, during dark times when religious fanatics had gotten a great iron-grip upon the monarchies, forcing them to set down laws across the realm, solely based upon their holy texts.

The ones who chose to flee from these regimes would cross the body of water that would be eventually called the Kraken's Sea, in hopes of finding a new land to call home, free of religious extremists and spineless monarchs unwilling to do anything to protect their people.

At least fifty ships crossed the ocean from Argos and after many days and nights at sea and even surviving a great wind and rainstorm, said to have been sent by the gods.

Some in the ranks of the First Settlers believed that it was the wrath of the fire god, Aemoth, who wanted to punish those who dared leave the shores of the Old World.

After many days at sea, the fifty ships saw a coastline and there was one ship that was the fastest in the fleet. The Siren was its name.

It was the Siren that made land first.

It took some time, but the other forty-nine ships managed to catch up to the Siren.

But what happened next, according to legend, would signal the end of an era and the rise of another.

As the crew of the Siren were unloading their ship of provisions and livestock, there was a thunderous roar coming from beyond the beach and so the Captain of the Siren, in the company of eight other members of his crew, decided to investigate.

And what the captain and his men beheld next, would be that of the dying fire-breathing beast that Scholars would call "Khalar the Fiery One".

A Dragon it was.

The great beast was lying in the sand with blood pouring from its eyes and mouth, as if it was tainted by an unknown force; a force that would quickly seal the creature's doom.

Near death, Khalar let out one final burst of fire and brimstone from its mouth and up into the sky. And once it was done, the great Dragon perished.

The crew of the Siren got right to work on salvaging the meat from the Dragon, though some Scholars claim that it was not a great idea to salvage meat from a creature that may have been infected by a plague, therefore making the meat inedible.

The people from the other ships disembarked and began the work of building their new homes.

And thus, the realm was called Dragos: Land of the Dragon and with it, the first city: Siren's Bay.

THE EXPANSION

As Told by Waltyn Sandor

A hundred years after the First Settlers landed on the western shores of Dragos, the first city, Siren's Bay was suffering from overpopulation.

Over the course of a hundred years, more ships crossed the Kraken's Sea from the Old World, in search of a new home to call their own.