THE SALTY ISLES

After the Tai'Aharans were driven out from their country during the Rebellion of Slaves, they found refuge on a chain of islands north of their homeland and south of the fertile land of Dragos.

The Salty Isles as some pirates would come to call them in the centuries after the Tai'Aharans landed.

In total, there are four masses of land that make up the Salty Isles. The first being the biggest of the four isles: Katharos.

Upon the land of Katharos lies ancient ruins that predates even First Age Argosian structures. And upon the ruins, the Tai'Aharans founded their colony and built their capital city of Mao' Kali.

Legend has it that the first civilization to rule Katharos was a race of fish-like humans that the ancient ones called the "Krakenborn", though no evidence has been found to even support the theory.

The second is U'Rungu; the Isle of Ke'Nau, the Tai'Aharan deity of the ocean. The high priests, priestesses and shamans established U'Rungu as the Tai'Aharan island for special ceremonies such as weddings, funerals and warrior rites.

Tai'Aharan youth that were to train as warriors were brought to U'Rungu for the official blessings from the high priest of Ke'Nau.

The Great House of Ke'Nau was established upon a great cliff looking out at the Glowing Sea, where future generations of priests and priestesses would be trained and ordained as chosen servants of the great god of the sea.

Kono' Matu is the third island in the Salty Isles and it is here that the Tai'Aharans discovered a race of colossal beasts known only as Behemoths.

According to the research of Grand Scholar Cordell, the Behemoths were said to grow to the size of a house or even half the size of a castle's tower.

No Dragosi would lay eyes on these amazing creatures, until in 22 A.D., when the Kaliso Rebellion erupted in the Summerlands and Behemoths were utilized in the Kaliso's war efforts against the Roths of Azura.

And finally, the fourth island is Na'Aru; which the Tai'Aharans call the Isle of the Fallen.

Na'Aru is an untouched spit of land that acts as a massive graveyard for a great many skeletons. But these skeletons were not Tai'Aharan or any kind of man in the Known World, but instead they belonged to beings with almost fish like features, which ultimately led to Scholars confirming their identity: the Krakenborn.

What were the Krakenborn?

According to legend, the Krakenborn were believed to be the humanoid spawn born from the flesh of the ultimate seabound titan known to all as the Kraken.

Why were there a great many skeletons of the Krakenborn on Na'Aru?

No one really can answer such a question.

But nevertheless, more research is being done at Scholar's Hall.

The majority of the Tai'Aharans made Katharos their home island for over a hundred years, until some tribal chiefs came together and wondered what lied beyond the boundaries of their island home.

And so with only fifty ships to cross the Glowing Sea, the Tai'Aharans found new land to call home; the Southern shores of Dragos.

Over another century, more Tai'Aharans would make the journey arrive at the port city of Titan's Port and going further to the next city of Titan's Reach.

The Salty Isles became nearly abandoned for six hundred years, until the Conquest of Sargon came to the Summerlands, leading to the Kaliso tribes crossing the Glowing Sea and to Katharos.