PROLOGUE: ALWAYS

JAY

Riding my black bike through the heavy, humid traffic, I slipped between cars with ease, gliding past frustrated drivers stuck in their lanes. My bike and I moved as one, dodging obstacles and finding gaps in the traffic. The air was thick, even inside my helmet, but I didn't care. It was all part of the thrill.

I spotted a white car ahead, the driver looking frustrated. I smirked under my helmet and swerved close to his vehicle, I heard the sudden screech of brakes behind me. I shot the driver a glance, his eyes wide with shock and annoyance, and revved my engine, letting the husky growl echo around us. The guy had no idea what fun was.

"What's your problem?!" he yelled when we stopped at a red light. His face was flushed with anger, his hands gripping the steering wheel like it was the only thing grounding him.

I turned my head slightly, lifting my visor. The driver was surprisingly handsome, with a pretty eyes that resembles a cat and striking features, but his eyes were blazing with fire. "Chill out, man. Just having a bit of fun," I replied, my tone light and provoking.

"F-Fun? You nearly ran me off the road!" he snapped back, his voice shaking with frustration.

I shrugged as the light turned green. "Relax, dude. Maybe you need to learn how to drive." With that, I sped off, leaving him fuming. The power I felt in those moments was thrilling, and I couldn't help but laugh.

But the guy wasn't giving up. A few blocks later, I noticed him tailing me closely. I cut him off again, just to see his reaction. 

He swerved, honking his horn furiously. We pulled up to another light, and I saw him rolling down his window, anger covered into every line of his cute face, that I find entertaining.

"You think you're some kind of hotshot, don't you?" he shouted, his voice trembling with rage.

"Look, man, if you can't handle the road, maybe you should stay off it," I replied nonchalantly. His face turned a deeper shade of red, and I knew I'd struck a nerve.

His next words were a mix of fury and desperation. "You arrogant jerk! This isn't a racetrack. People have lives, families. You can't just..."

I cut him off with a scoff. "You done yet? You're wasting my time." The light turned green, and I sped off again, feeling his anger like a hot wave behind me. The guy was wound too tight, and I didn't have time for it.

A few blocks later, I noticed flashing lights in my mirrors. I rolled my eyes, pulling over to the side. A police car parked behind me, and an officer approached my bike.

"Evening, officer," I said, lifting my shade, trying to sound cooperative.

"Evening. Do you know why I pulled you over?" he asked, his tone serious.

I shrugged. "Reckless driving?" I guessed, trying to play it cool.

"Yes, we received reports about you, and I observed some of it myself. I'll need to see your license and registration" he said.

I handed over my documents, hoping this would be a quick warning. But as he ran my information, I noticed the car I'd been toying with earlier drive by slowly. The driver had a smug look on his face, clearly pleased with my situation.

The officer came back, his expression unreadable. "Sir, I'm placing you under arrest for reckless driving and endangerment. Step off the bike, please."

My heart sank. "What? I wasn't endangering anyone! That guy was overreacting!" I protested, but the officer's face remained stern.

"Please step off the bike," he repeated, and I knew I was out of luck.

Frustration and anger bubbled up as I was led to the back of the police car. This was supposed to be just another thrilling ride, a way to blow off steam. Instead, I found myself facing serious consequences. 

As the car pulled away, I caught a glimpse of the driver watching, his expression now one of smug satisfaction. He even flipped me off, his self-righteous smirk igniting a fire inside me.

At the police station, I was processed and placed in a holding cell. The hours dragged by, each minute a reminder of how quickly things had spiraled out of control. I cursed my luck and the driver who had landed me here. My mind replayed the events over and over, each detail fueling my resentment.

Damn that driver. His smirking face stayed in my mind. If only I'd known the trouble he'd cause, I might have left him alone. Now, all I could do was sit and fume.

'FUCK THAT DRIVER'