17

----

I glance over the my Mothers body. Not an inch of skin Didn't have Have, a cut or bruise.

Emily, was the same. Though. J seemed to have went Easier on her, perhaps as an act of Mercy for me. "Please, Melody Let me go." Emily mumbled, as she faught to keep her head up right.

Her Lips chapped, as dried Blood smere's around her Chin.

"It's not my choice if you live, or if you die." I shook my head, as I grab a bottle of water. Breaking the cap as I walk over to Emily. Giving her Little Drops at a time, to prevent her from spitting it back up.

She Gasps, As she shakes her head. Her Lids, Slowly Closing as she lazily looks up to me. "If he will listen to anyone in this world Melody it's you."

I pursed my lips, as I glanced around the Room of the cell. I didn't want her to die in a room like this, once her body is in a ditch, someone else will be sitting in this chair. Screaming, crying in agongy.

I didn't want her to die like the rest. My Hatred for her was manifested out of Pure Hatred for a situation, she could have never helped. But, apart of me will always envy her. Hate her for now easy she got it.

Even without my response, she continues. "Please! Melody, Please. I don't want my baby To grow up without a mother! Fight for me please." Emily Thrashed in Her Chair. Shaking her Head Frantically, as her eyes Bore into my own ones. Pleadingly.

Taking one more glance at my Parents. Taking in how they Have to lean forward to Allow Air to Enter their lungs, resulting in a wheezing sound.

I may have overdone it on my fathers Tourcher. But I couldn't help myself, just looking at him brings back Years Of Haunting memories I only wish I could Forget and Years of old Habits that tried to claw it's way back to the Serfice.

The memories would never stop over night, not with Them still being alive.

"You know what it's like to want a parent Melody, one that cares. Don't take me away from my child. Do not be the reason my child does not have a mother."

My eyes Sting with Tears, as I Clear my throat. Turning around Swiftly on my heel so she, or my parents can't witness me in this state.

####

The one Person I knew would understand Me, was Johnny. His Understanding of my Thoughts, as scary as it was, was something I needed right now more than ever.

He was in his usual room in the Mansion, the Gym. Surrounded by The rest of the Maskless Goons. Talking, and laughing together. I purse my Lips as I wonder if I should inturupt them, or allow them to continue on with their light-hearted chatter. Moments like these where hard to come by, especally with the Joker Putting them through life threating missions, or simply. By the joker having a bad, difficult day.

But I needed my own questions answered, and the only one who could answer them was Johnny himself.

I sigh. Running my hand down my face as I shake my head. "Leave." I finally Spoke up, Drawing their attention to My figure. The wooden door frame felt more then comfortable. Giving orders, is still so new to me. That when they leave straight away. It feels Weird, at the pit of my belly.

Or the way my hairs still Prickle and Stand, when They bow their heads to me. A sign of Respect, the same one they Give the joker. A reminder that I'm his Equal, not his side kick. Not his Pawn. Truly his Queen.

"What's up Kid." Johnny, said as He threw the White gym towl over his Muscled Shoulder. Water bottle, Squeezed in his hand as he tips his head back. Allowing the Liquid to Drip into his mouth.