Chapter 7: The Uncertain Past

Lucifer's mind was overwhelmed by vivid and disturbing images. He saw his wife and a flag with a mark on it, then witnessed a person carrying the flag stab his wife with a wooden stake. The scene then shifted to him witnessing Charlie's death, which made him feel even more powerless and distraught. His thoughts were interrupted by Alastor, who yelled his name and brought him back to reality while holding him, he moved away, putting his hand on his hair and messing it up a bit before pushing it back. He looked back at Alastor and said thanks before looking back at the black and white picture, resembling what he saw in the past.

Alastor looked at Lucifer with questions in mind. Lucifer sighed and turned to tell Alastor that long ago, he saw these markings on the vampires and that the people behind this were humans. They wore masks and carried flags similar to the symbol they would put on their victims after killing them. He made a cloth appear that looked like it was part of a dress, with a similar symbol, though different, that could have a different meaning. When Alastor saw the emblem on the flag, he became angry, though still smiling.

Lucifer looked back at Alastor, unable to say what he was about to say. He paused for a minute, not knowing how to say it. Alastor saw the distress in the little king. He was unlike the other times; sure, he looked tired, but he was never nervous. Just as he was about to say something, Lucifer spoke up, saying that the last time he saw these people was when his ex-wife Lilith, at the time, was looking for food, only to be attacked by these people. He said he fought, killing them, but when he got to Lilith, she was dead in his arms. He was filled with anger before he could think about what he was doing, and everything went black.

Alastor: "Turned black, Your Majesty, are you trying to infer"

Lucifer: "I don't remember much, okay, all I know is that when my senses returned, I was covered in blood, Lilith was no longer there, and the individuals in robes resting on the floor were all dead; that was the last time I saw them, and the marks, until today"

Lucifer looked around for clues to check whether the cult was still active, but nothing came up, so he assumed they had vanished forever.

Alastor: "You stated it was on vampires initially"

Lucifer: "Yes"

He turned away, trying to figure out why his people would join the cult of vampire killers. After all, the vampires knew what had happened, and they were the ones that killed their queen. Lucifer didn't believe it could be his people. Sure, they drank human blood, but most would make up for it. With his seven sins helping him keep control, how could he explain the drain of blood? He looked back at Alastor and explained that a vampire would be starving to drink so much blood, and even he wouldn't need that much. This left more questions than answers. Lucifer looked back at Alastor, sighing. He knew he would need to work with him since he was the only one who knew this, and he did not want to tell anyone since it would cause panic. He did not want to worry Charlie, after all, she finally got over her mother's death and this hotel was helping her, so he did not want to drag her into this.

Lucifer: "Alastor, how about we work together and aid each other"

Alastor: "You want my help and want us to work together; mmhm, I assumed you would take control over this case."

Lucifer: "Don't play stupid, you know why, and can you not tell Charlie, she's already coping with a lot, and the hotel"

Alastor: "If it is what you want, Your Majesty, but if only you would not keep anything relating to this from me" He spoke in a more serious tone than usual.

Lucifer: "Okay,...... is there anything tying you to this case as well"

Alastor:"... I am simply curious, that is all": he said while raising his monocle and gazing at Lucifer, and he exited the room, attempting to calm down.