Chapter 4: A night to remember

The restaurant was a vision of elegance and sophistication, its dimly lit interior adorned with flickering candles and soft music that filled the air with an air of romance. Aaron had chosen this place for our date—a celebration of our love and the deep connection that bound us together.

As we entered, the maître d' greeted us warmly and led us to a private table by the window overlooking the city skyline. The view was breathtaking, a sea of twinkling lights that stretched out before us like a canvas painted with stars.

I glanced down at myself nervously, smoothing the fabric of my red dress—a bold choice that hugged my curves and cascaded to the floor in a flutter of silk. It was Aaron's favorite color on me, and tonight, I wanted to dazzle him, to show him just how much he meant to me.

Aaron, ever the gentleman, held out my chair and helped me settle in before taking his seat across from me. His eyes sparkled with admiration as he looked at me, his smile soft and filled with love.

"You look stunning, Lina," he murmured, reaching across the table to take my hand in his.

"Thank you," I replied, feeling a rush of warmth at his compliment and the fact that he called me Lina again. "You look pretty handsome yourself."

He chuckled, his thumb stroking the back of my hand in a soothing gesture. "I'm glad we could have this night together."

"Me too," I said softly, squeezing his hand. "It feels like it's just you and me, amidst all the chaos of the world."

Aaron nodded, his gaze never leaving mine. "That's exactly how I feel. Like nothing else matters when I'm with you."

I smiled, feeling my heart swell with love for this man who knew just how to make me feel cherished and adored. The waiter approached, and we turned our attention to the menu, perusing the exquisite offerings with shared excitement.

Over dinner, we talked and laughed, sharing stories and dreams as we savored each delectable bite. The wine flowed freely, casting a warm glow over our conversation and deepening the intimacy between us.

As the evening wore on, Aaron reached across the table, his fingers brushing against mine. "Dance with me," he whispered, his eyes full of yearning.

I nodded eagerly, feeling a thrill of anticipation race through me. Standing up, Aaron led me to the small dance floor near the live band, pulling me into his arms as the music swelled around us.

We moved together with effortless grace, lost in the rhythm of the music and the closeness of each other. Aaron held me close, his hand resting gently on the small of my back as we swayed together in perfect harmony.

"You make me feel like the luckiest man alive, Lina," Aaron murmured against my ear, his breath warm against my skin.

I tilted my head back, meeting his gaze with a smile. "And you make me feel like the happiest woman in the world," I replied, my heart overflowing with love.

The song ended too soon, but we remained in each other's arms, unwilling to let go of the magic of the moment. The world around us faded away, leaving only us—two souls bound together by love and shared dreams.

As we returned to our table, Aaron surprised me with a small velvet box. My breath caught in my throat as he opened it, revealing a delicate necklace with a heart-shaped pendant.

"For you," he said softly, placing it around my neck and fastening the clasp with gentle fingers.

I touched the pendant, feeling the weight of his love and devotion. "It's beautiful," I whispered, my voice thick with emotion. it really was beautifu. but i could't help but feel slightly dissapointed, i kind of hoped that he will get on one knee.

"Be patience Lina" I said to myself in my head

"Just like you," Aaron replied his words snapping me back into reality, his eyes shining with love.

We lingered over dessert, savoring the sweetness of the moment and the promise of a future filled with love and laughter. As the night drew to a close, Aaron settled the bill and we made our way back to the car, hand in hand.

Under the starlit sky, Aaron pulled me close, his arms wrapping around me in a tender embrace. "Thank you for tonight," he said softly, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Thank you for everything," I replied, snuggling closer to him. "I love you, Aaron."

"I love you too, Catalina," he murmured, his voice a whispered promise against my hair.

3.5