chapter 3: a little tease

The morning sun streamed into the bedroom, casting a gentle glow over the rumpled sheets and tangled limbs. I woke up feeling particularly mischievous, a playful smile tugging at my lips as I watched Aaron sleep beside me. He looked so peaceful, his face relaxed, and his breaths even. But I knew how to bring a little fun into our lazy morning.

Gently, I slipped out of bed, careful not to wake him just yet. I tiptoed to the kitchen, making a pot of strong coffee, the rich aroma filling the air. After pouring a cup for myself, I returned to the bedroom, setting my mug down on the nightstand.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," I whispered, leaning over to brush a soft kiss against Aaron's cheek.

He stirred slightly, a groan escaping his lips as he buried his face deeper into the pillow. "Five more minutes," he mumbled, his voice thick with sleep.

I chuckled softly, knowing that getting him out of bed wouldn't be that easy. "Come on, Aaron," I coaxed, running my fingers lightly along his arm. "It's a beautiful day. Don't you want to get up and enjoy it?"

Another groan. "Too early," he grumbled, not budging an inch.

Smiling, I decided to up my game. I climbed back into bed, positioning myself so that I was straddling his waist. Leaning down, I whispered in his ear, "If you don't get up, I might just have to take drastic measures."

One eye cracked open, and he looked at me with a mixture of curiosity and sleepiness. "What kind of measures?" he asked, his voice still groggy.

"You'll see," I replied, unable to keep the laughter out of my voice.

Before he could react, I started to tickle him. My fingers danced over his sides, finding all the spots that I knew would make him squirm. Aaron's eyes flew open, a reluctant smile breaking across his face as he tried to grab my hands.

"Catalina!" he exclaimed, his voice a mix of laughter and exasperation. "Stop it! You know I hate being tickled."

"Then get up!" I countered, continuing my assault on his sides.

He finally managed to grab my wrists, his strength overpowering my playful attempts. With a swift move, he flipped us over so that I was pinned beneath him, his weight pressing me into the mattress.

"Alright, you win," he said, his voice still tinged with sleep but his eyes now fully awake and focused on me. "I'm up."

I grinned up at him, feeling a surge of triumph. "Good. Now, wasn't that easier than staying in bed all day?"

He chuckled, leaning down to kiss me. "You're impossible, you know that?"

"I know," I replied, wrapping my arms around his neck. "But you love me anyway."

"I do," he agreed, his lips brushing against mine. "Even when you're a brat."

I laughed, the sound echoing in the room. "I'm glad to hear it."

We finally got out of bed, Aaron grumbling good-naturedly as he stretched and rubbed his eyes. I handed him a cup of coffee, which he accepted gratefully, taking a long sip.

"Feeling more awake now?" I asked, watching as he seemed to come to life with each passing moment.

"Barely," he replied with a mock glare. "But I guess I can forgive you since you made coffee."

"You're welcome," I said with a smile, taking a sip of my own coffee.

We spent the morning together, enjoying the quiet and the simple pleasure of each other's company. The rest of the house was still asleep, giving us some rare alone time.