Chapter 7: late arrival

As we finally pulled up to our beach house, the moon was high in the sky, casting a silvery glow over the waves. The lights were still on inside the house, and I could see Catalina's parents standing by the window, looking out anxiously.

"We're home," I said softly, glancing over at Catalina. She had fallen asleep again after finishing her tacos, looking peaceful and content. I hated to wake her, but I knew her parents were worried.

"Hey, Lina," I whispered, gently shaking her shoulder. "We're here."

She stirred, rubbing her eyes and sitting up. "We're here already?" she murmured, looking around.

"Yeah, come on," I said, opening my door and getting out. I walked around to her side, opening the door and helping her out. She leaned against me, still drowsy, as we made our way to the front door.

As soon as we stepped inside, Catalina's parents rushed over, their faces filled with concern. "Where have you two been? We were so worried!" her mother exclaimed, wrapping Catalina in a tight hug.

"I'm sorry, Mamá," Catalina said, hugging her back. "We lost track of time. We went for a drive after dinner, and I fell asleep in the car."

Her father looked at me, a mix of relief and mild reproach in his eyes. "Aaron, you should have called."

"I apologize, sir," I said sincerely. "It was my fault. I didn't realize how late it had gotten."

Catalina's mother looked her over, noticing her rumpled clothes and the hint of exhaustion in her eyes. "Are you okay, sweetheart?"

"I'm fine, Mamá, really," Catalina reassured her. "I just need some rest."

Her father sighed, his expression softening. "Alright, as long as you're safe. But next time, please call if you're going to be late."

"We will," I promised.

Catalina's mother gave her one last hug before letting go. "Go on to bed, mija. We'll talk more in the morning."

Catalina nodded and we made our way up the stairs to her room. Once inside, she turned to me with a tired but grateful smile. "Thank you for today, Aaron. And for the tacos."

"Anything for you, sunshine," I said, leaning in to give her a gentle kiss. "Get some rest. I'll see you in the morning."

She nodded, crawling into bed and pulling the covers up to her chin. "Goodnight, Aaron."

"Goodnight, Lina," I said, watching her for a moment before heading to the guest room. As I lay down, I couldn't help but smile, thinking about our day together. Despite the late-night worry, it had been perfect. And I knew there were many more perfect days to come.

                                                                               ******

Linas POV:

I tossed and turned in our bed, unable to find a comfortable position. The events of the day replayed in my mind, from the excitement of the date to the intensity of the intimate moment in the car. Despite my exhaustion, sleep eluded me. The gentle sound of the waves outside, usually soothing, now seemed to amplify my restlessness.

i glanced at the clock on my nightstand. It was well past midnight. Sighing softly, i decided to get up. Maybe a glass of water or a walk around the house would help me clear my mind. Slipping out of bed, i quietly made my way downstairs, careful not to wake her parents or Aaron up.

As i reached the bottom of the stairs, i noticed a faint light coming from the bathroom where Aaron probably was, i didnt even notice that he was gone from our bed. my heart skipped a beat. So he was awake too. I walked softly to the door and knocked lightly.

"Aaron? Are you awake?"

A moment later, the door opened, and Aaron stood there he was washing his face, i dont blame him it was really hot outside even tho it's midnight, he looked concerned. "Lina, what's wrong? Can't sleep?"

I shook my head. "No, I just... I can't stop thinking. Everything is so jumbled in my head."

He nodded understandingly and stepped closer to me. "Come on, lets go back to our room"

We went to our room, i was feeling a bit more at ease in Aaron's presence. He closed the door softly behind hus and guided me to sit on the edge of the bed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked, sitting next to me.

I took a deep breath. "I don't know. I guess everything that happened today, and then coming home to worried parents... it's a lot to process."

Aaron wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me close. "I understand. Today was a whirlwind, but it was amazing. And your parents just care about you, Lina. They love you."

I nodded, resting my head on  one of his broad shoulder. "I know. I just feel bad for worrying them."

"They'll be fine. What matters is that you're safe and sound," he said, kissing the top of my head. "Do you want to go for a walk? Sometimes the night air helps clear the mind."

I looked up at him and smiled. "I'd like that."

We quietly made our way outside, the cool night air refreshing against our skin. The moonlight illuminated the path as we walked hand in hand along the beach. The sound of the waves was much more soothing now, the rhythm of the ocean matching our steps.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, I decided to speak up. "Thank you, Aaron. For everything. For understanding me, for always being there."

He stopped walking and turned to face me, his large hands gently holding mine smaller ones. "I'll always be here for you, Catalina. You're my sunshine and anything that bothers you matters to me, and i want to hear about it"

I felt a warmth spread through my chest at his words. "And you're mine," i whispered, leaning in to kiss him softly.

we continued our walk, talking about everything and nothing, until i finally felt the weight of the day lifting from my shoulders. By the time we returned to the house, i felt lighter, more at peace.

As they reached the door, Aaron hugged me tightly. "Try to get some sleep now, okay?"

"I will," i said, feeling genuinely tired for the first time that night. "Goodnight, Aaron."

"Goodnight, Lina," he replied, watching me and cuddling until i fell asleep in his strong arms.

i snuggled closer to Aaron, my heart full and my mind at ease. I closed my eyes, and this time, sleep came easily, with dreams filled with the promise of many more beautiful days to come.

4o