Chapter 1

It was an early morning in the summer, the kind that feels full of new possibilities. The sound of birds chirping and leaves rustling outside indicating the beginning of a new day. The little yet cozy room gets filled with the gentle light of the sun, lighting up the collection of books on the shelf. A woman in her late 30's walks quietly in that room. The sound of the door opening is accompanied by the smell of breakfast being prepared mingling through the air.

 The sound of the door opening is accompanied by the smell of breakfast being prepared mingling through the air

(This is how Zoyee's bedroom looks like)

"Sweetheart, wake up." "Five more minutes, mom," the girl groans half asleep. "Come on, Zoyee. You wouldn't want to skip your college's orientation day, right?" "No, mom, Just couldn't get enough sleep last night," sitting up slowly, "I guess I was both excited and nervous." "It's okay to feel like that but remember that it's going to be a new experience and you got me," with a gentle smile her mother responded. "How about starting your big day with a nice breakfast? I have prepared your favorite strawberry pancakes." "That sounds great." "Then get dressed and come downstairs." "Alright. And mom?" getting out of her bed she calls her mom. "Yes, honey?" "Thanks for being there for me." "Always, dear," planting a gentle kiss on her forehead, "Now get ready quickly. Your future Awaits!"

19 years old Zoyee leaves with her mother, Siri, since her parents divorced a few years prior. Zoyee found solace in her mother's unwavering love and support, despite how difficult the separation was for her to handle. Siri, an independent and her working woman who had own custody of Zoyee has become her best friend now.

Mr. Parker, Zoyee's father and her younger brother, Evan live apart. Even though Zoyee was well aware that her parents believed this was best for their family at the time, she nevertheless occasionally missed her family being together. Even when Zoyee and Evan moved apart, they continued to communicate to ensure that their relationship would remain as strong as it had been. As Zoyee prepares for this new phase of her life, she is determined to make her parents proud. Although they are living separately, she knows they are praying for her success.

(A.N. "Hello everyone. It's my first time trying to write something. Hopefully you all will like it. As a girl who loves to read a lot, it took a lot of courage for me to start writing. It's a story which is based both on my imagination and on some real life incidents. Don't forget to vote and comment. I would like to hear from you all. Love you all.")