Chapter 7

The date continues. Their orders have just been served. Zoyee tries to hide a smile as Archie eagerly dives into his brownie.

"So... do you always go for chocolate?" Zoyee asks as she takes a bite of her pastry.
Archie grins. "Always. Chocolate is my weakness. What about you? You seem more like a vanilla person." Zoyee laughs softly. "Guilty. I love anything with berries, especially strawberries."
“Strawberries, huh?" Archie leans back in his chair, thinking. "That explains why you look so sweet." Zoyee blushes, rolling her eyes with a smile. "Really? That’s the line you're going with?" Archie shrugs grinning wider. "Hey, I have to admit. It’s not like I'm lying or something." She laughs again, feeling more shy. "Alright, I’ll give you points for effort."

They both sip their coffee as they talk about their favorites, interests and more about themselves.
They both fall into an easy rhythm, laughing at little jokes and stories.

"So, what’s something I wouldn’t expect from you?" Archie suddenly asks .Zoyee’s eyes lit up. "Well, I’ve always wanted to learn to play the guitar. It’s something I’ve dreamed about since I was in 6th grade." Archie raises an eyebrow, a playful smirk spreading across his face. "Ah, so you’re trying to impress me with your secret talent?" Zoyee’s cheeks flush slightly as she laughs, shaking her head. "No, it’s not about impressing anyone. It’s just something I’ve wanted to do for a long time. Unfortunately, I’ve never really had the chance to pick it up." "Well, that’s interesting. I actually learned to play the guitar on my own. I didn’t take any classes to be honest. I just bought a guitar and started messing around with it at home , watching YouTube videos and now you already know how I play." "Really? That’s amazing! I actually thought you learned it. You play really well tho." "Thanks a lot but I don't think I'm that good. It's just that I try to play sometimes." "So, should I also start to follow your way ?" Archie nods enthusiastically. "Absolutely. If you’re serious about it then give it a try. Moreover, if only you want then I’d be happy to help you." Zoyee’s face brightens. "Thanks. That would be great. I’ve always wanted to have someone to guide me." "My pleasure." Zoyee smiles softly. "Deal. I can’t wait to start."

As their chit chats continue, Archie suddenly looks outside, "It's already dark outside. Let me drop you." "No, it's totally fine. I can manage." "Hey, it's not a big deal and no gentleman lets their lady go alone after a fine date." Zoyee's cheek turns crimson pink hearing him instead tries to play it cool. "Aha but I'm not your lady tho." "Maybe not yet," Archie grins playfully, "But still I shouldn't let you go alone." " Thanks but you don't have to. Besides my home isn't that far." "Oh great. Then we can have a walk and get a chance to spend some more time together," he winks at her. "Okay okay seems like I can't win over you. Let's go then."

Both of them come out of the cafe and start to walk towards Zoyee's house

Both of them come out of the cafe and start to walk towards Zoyee's house. Once they reach in front of her house, Archie looks at Zoyee with a soft smile. “I had a really good time today." Zoyee smiles back, feeling the warmth of the moment. “Me too. We should meet again someday.” “Definitely,” Archie says, his eyes meeting hers in a way that makes Zoyee’s heart skip a beat. "Would you love to come inside?" "Oh no, maybe some other day. I have to go now. Bye." "Bye."

As Zoyee gets inside her house she meets with an exciting pair of eyes. "So, how was your date? Did you enjoy? Did he give you any compliment? Did you guys kiss?" Siri bombers all the questions on Zoyee as soon as she enters the house. Hearing the last line Zoyee becomes shocked and her cheeks flush. "Mom!! I told you it was not a date and let me breathe first." "Okay then get fresh. I'm waiting for you."

After getting fresh she comes downstairs where her mom is already waiting for her. "You're done? Now tell me about your date." In response Zoyee just glared at her mom. "Okay okay. I get it. It was not a DatE." Her mom says dramatically. "But I'm curious about something. How did you even get to know about each other? Is he someone from your class?" Zoyee's smile dropped suddenly remembering how and in which situation they started their first conversation. Taking a deep breath while holding her tears, she looks at her mom. Seeing the tears, Siri quickly takes Zoyee in her embrace and starts to listen to her carefully.

"And I heard both of your conversations that night. After that I started to feel low and depressed. At that moment, one day he texted me and we kinda started to like each other's company and finally he asked me if I wanted to meet him today." Hearing her daughter, Siri felt horrible and without her own knowledge, her eyes filled with tears. "I'm so sorry, baby. But it just came out of my mouth with the heat of the moment. I really didn't mean any of these neither did your dad. We love you both a lot. I know maybe your dad failed as a husband but as a father he is the best one. Please dear, forgive me. Forgive us." Zoyee panics seeing her mom crying her heart out and immediately wipes her eyes before engulfing her in a big, warm hug. "Sshhh. It's fine, mom. I'm okay now. I know I should have talked with you or dad but instead I chose to stay silent and end this life. I'm sorry for that. But trust me, mom. I'm not mad at you both. Yeah, maybe I was a little bit heavy hearted and sad back then but now I'm fine." Listening to Zoyee, Siri becomes a little bit easy yet the heaviness was still there in her heart. "Okay. Let's stop crying now. Tell me what you want to eat for dinner? I'll cook your favorite today." "What about chicken?" "Great. You sit here. I'm going to the kitchen then." "Wait, I'm also coming. It's been a long time since we cooked together." "Okay, join me then."

Siri and Zoyee stand side by side in the kitchen, the familiar smell of cooking chicken filling the air

Siri and Zoyee stand side by side in the kitchen, the familiar smell of cooking chicken filling the air. It has been a long time since they cooked together. As they finished cooking and sat down to enjoy their meal, Siri smiled warmly at her daughter.

"So, how was your date with the boy today?" Siri asks casually her eyes twinkling with curiosity. Zoyee smiles and shrugs. "It was nice. And I'm actually excited as we’ll be meeting again on Monday on campus." Siri’s fork pauses mid-air as she looks at Zoyee with surprise. "On campus? So, he’s your friend from college? Or a classmate, right? I knew it!" she teased, a playful smirk appearing on her face.

Zoyee’s eyes widens and she bites her lip, realizing she has accidentally let that slip. “Uh… not exactly. He… umm.... He's actually my senior,” she explains awkwardly. Siri raises an eyebrow, her teasing tone growing. “Oh, really? And since when did seniors start to become 'just friends' with juniors?” Zoyee’s face flushed bright red with embarrassment. “Mom, it’s not like that,” she protested. “I don’t believe in love. I’m still afraid of falling for someone.”

Siri chuckles softly and lets the subject drop, allowing Zoyee a moment of relief. After finishing dinner Zoyee returns to her room still thinking about the conversation. As she takes her phone after settling on her bed, she notices the notification, which has become her favorite one recently. It was a text from Archie.

: Did you have dinner?

: Yes, just finished. What about you?

:Same here. But it seems like I can't sleep now.
:Why?
:The thought of meeting you again on Monday is keeping me awake I guess.

Her heart flutters with excitement as she reads the message. They exchange a few more texts before saying goodnight. Zoyee puts her phone away. A smile still lingering on her face as she drifts off into a peaceful sleep.

[A.N: I'm sorry guys for not being able to update any sooner. I was just facing troubles with something and I am still feeling lack of motivation to write a good chapter. I will try to give the next update by next Wednesday or Thursday. And as an apology for updating this late, I will try to write a long chapter. Till then be safe and don't forget to vote and comment. Lots of love and hugs xoxo]