~27

Few important things before you read this chapter:-

- I've changed the name from "Tender Triffles of Love" To "Veiled Secrets".

- I badly wish to write a smut in the next chapter. So should I do it? I want to write a sexy smut about Taehyung fucking Jimin like there's no tomorrow.

- Please let's complete 2K votes before my birthday.

Drop a red heart "❤" if you got the point. I won't be updating if I don't get those red hearts. Hmphh!!

 Hmphh!!

🌼✨

"Well, good evening Mr. Kim. We're here for some work," the head greeted, his eyes scanning the room with practiced scrutiny, taking in every detail of the surroundings with a keen intensity.

Namjoon exchanged a wary look with his husband, the unspoken tension between them palpable. Jin rose from his seat, carefully cradling their little grandson in his arms, his movements deliberate and gentle. He intended to remove the child from the room, not wanting the innocent boy to puzzle over why the police were visiting their home, sensing that the young mind should be spared the confusion and anxiety that might arise from such a scene.

"What's the deal?" Taehyung demanded, his voice firm as he stepped in front of the head, shielding his family with a protective stance. His eyes were hard, challenging, a stark contrast to the serene environment of their home.

The head of the police squad shifted uncomfortably under Taehyung's piercing gaze. "We're sorry to inform you," he began, his tone heavy with regret and formality, "that your elder brother has been noticed taking in a kid-"

As he spoke, the atmosphere in the room seemed to change, the warmth of their home now infused with an uneasy chill. Namjoon's grip tightened on his husband's hand, drawing strength from the silent support, while Jin continued to gently rock his grandson, the child's innocent eyes blinking up at him with trust and curiosity.

The light from the setting sun filtered through the windows, casting long shadows across the floor, shadows that seemed to echo the dark implications of the police officer's words. The room, once a sanctuary of family and love, now felt like a stage set for a looming drama, with the head of the police squad playing the harbinger of troubling news.

Taehyung's expression hardened, a mix of disbelief and protective anger swirling in his eyes. "What exactly are you implying?" he pressed, his voice steady but edged with tension, demanding clarity from the official.

The head of the police hesitated, clearly aware of the weight of his message and the impact it was having on the family. "We believe he might be involved in some activities that are... concerning," he finally said, choosing his words with caution.

The gravity of the situation settled heavily in the room, each family member grappling with their own mix of emotions-fear, confusion, anger, and an unwavering resolve to protect their own. The serene domesticity of moments before was now replaced with an undercurrent of uncertainty and the unspoken question of what their next steps would be.