Chapter 12

You roll over to only be met by a face. A screech escapes your lips, your arms flail in surprise and panic.

You end up falling off the bed onto the floor with a thud.

"Ouch..." You groan, rubbing your head, the blanket hangs off the bed, some of it wrapped around your legs.

Once you fully wake up you sit up on your knees, your arms rest on the side of the bed as you glare at the figure who startled you.

"What the hell was that for?"

The culprit grins at you innocently, showing his sharp shark-like teeth while doing so.

His arm holds up his head while he lays on his side. His blue hair slightly messy but somehow also looks very elegant and almost... hot but you won't ever admit to that.

"Whatever do you mean darling?~" Wally teases.

"I was just sitting here observing your (complimenting word, example- beauty)~" He adds flirtatiously.

You open your mouth to argue but then stop when you remember you have work.

"What time is it?!" You ask, jumping up grabbing my phone from the bedside table not noticing that it wasn't in the exact same place you left it.

"Hmmm about... tenish?" He responds lazily, not seeming to care.

You check to make sure and he was correct. It was 10:15 a.m.

'Shit. I'm going to be late.'

You didn't notice him suddenly perk up, his eyes sharpening, his smile disappearing.

"You're not planning on going to work right?" His voice suddenly drops lower causing you to look up.

You gulp, "Well yeah... it's work, it's not the type of job I can't just not show. I have clients and meetings after all..." You trail off when you notice his morbid expression.

"..."

"You really think I'm going to let you go to work?" He asks coldly, raising an eyebrow.

"..."

"Y/n, Y/n, Y/n." He shakes his head as he repeats your name, "Look at me, you really thought?"

You finally get the courage to speak, raising a hesitant finger.

"I- um."

"I should be the only client you should focus on."

You're finally able to speak now, retorting, "You're not my client anymore."

His expression darkens more. He suddenly gets up from the bed swinging his legs easily off the ledge.

You start to panic as he rounds the bed towards you. Before you could retreat he was already towering over you.

"Here's what you're going to do." He places a firm hand on your shoulder.

"You're going to call that nice little job of yours and tell them you have a very bad cold and you're going to need a week off." He tilts his head looking at me menacingly, a malicious grin spreading across his face.

"How does that sound?" His grip tightens.

You stare up into his amberish red eyes intimidated. "I- I can't just-"

He gives you a look.

"I- Ok... I'll try..." He releases your shoulder.

He grins.

You grid your teeth raising your phone unlocking it but tilting it just enough so he wouldn't see. You don't notice his eyes narrow at the action calculating.

...

You scroll through your contacts finding Ester's, luckily you didn't have to search long.

You click the contact anxiously, raising it to your ears.

.

The phone rings at least 2 times before it picks up.

Ester's voice instantly rings out.

"Hello? Y/n is that you? Where are you? Are you ok!? Did something happen?! You forgot your stuff, it's not like you to forget everything- like some times but-?! I heard the heads wanted to talk to you- why is that- I swear to god if there botheri-"  Ester bombards like a worried mother.

You have to cut her off to make her stop.

"Ester! Esters it's ok!! I'm ok thank you for worrying everything is fine-" You glance up noticing Wally's gaze. You then remember why you were calling.

"I just accidentally slept in-" which wasn't a lie, "but when I woke up *cough* I wasn't *cough* feeling too well-" You try to make your voice sound raspy. Wanting to convince her that you're telling the truth.

"Sorry for not giving you more notice.. It just hit me."

There was a pause.

"It's completely fine, please feel better. I'll reschedule your clients for another day. When do you think you're going to be better?"

You once again glance up at Wally shrinking under his intense predatory gaze.

"A- A week-" You shakily respond.

Ester's voice rings out again but this time
more worried and concerned.

"Are you feeling that unwell?! I've never in all my years seen you ask for that much time for anything except once or twice and not even then- are you sure you're alright y/n- you can tell me."

You go silent, your hand tightening around the phone. Your eyes darken morbidly as you stare at the ground.

"..."

"Y/n?"

"Yes I'm sure..." You respond dryly.

"If you say so..." She didn't seem to fully believe you but didn't push any farther on the subject.

"Please remember to drink lots of water, eat and sleep regularly, rest and take some medicine." She advises before saying a quick goodbye telling you that you can call her when you need her but she has to go back to work.

The phone makes the usual click signaling the calls ended.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors Note:
Haha another chapter completed kinda short but that's ok.

I am exhausted 😭 (for mostly other reasons I will not go into)

I scolded/told some kid today to stop doing something lmao and then after a bit they did it again, all I had to do is just quickly glance over at them and they went into hiding looking at me anxiously (I didn't even do much)😂 it was hilarious 🤣.

Anyway hope y'all have a good rest of your day/evening/night!!

*one step closer to them memes/oneshots >:)*

Word Count: 904