Dragon Zoro

You spent your entire life on a winter island known for its hatred of dragons and the best dragon hunters in the world. You had the impression that you were the only exception. You have always been fascinated by dragons and opposed to killing them. There were already few of them in the world. You didn't want them exterminated.

You were looking out the window when you first saw him. A green dragon circling above the island. Only later did you find out that he appeared there on the same day as the pirates who anchored on the other side of the island.

As you watched him, you got the impression that he was lost. He flew from place to place, but he didn't stay anywhere extra long. You were sure the hunters would notice him at this rate.

It didn't take long for your words to become true. Hunters with a single mission began to gather in the vicinity. Shoot down and dispose of the dragon.

During the one day you were out, you watched the hunters try to shoot the green dragon out of the sky. They kept missing him when one of the hunters finally got a shot. Until the last moment you thought he missed, but when the dragon started to fall to the ground, you knew it was true.

You watched the fall and knew approximately where the dragon was falling. You couldn't just leave him to the hunters, so you made your way to where he was supposed to fall. But you had to hurry because you knew from the clouds that a blizzard was coming soon.

Before you even got to the dragon, it started snowing heavily. You arrived at his point of impact. But you didn't see him anywhere. However, you knew you were in the right place by the broken trees.

You looked around as a giant pile of snow moved next to you. You jumped aside before you realized it was the dragon. The dragon shook off the snow cover and looked at you. However, when you approached him, he started growling at you.

"I just want to help you. The hunters who were shooting at you will be here in a moment. If you don't want to end up as their new trophy, let me help you," you said, undeterred.

The dragon stopped growling at you and watched as you walked up to him and started to get him out of the net that was attached to the arrows that hit him in the side.

That net you got him easily, but you were more worried about the arrow in his side. The dragon tried to stand up, but the arrow was in the way. He tried to get to him himself, but he couldn't.

"I'll pull it out," you said, taking an arrow in one hand and bracing yourself against his body with the other. The moment you touched it you were momentarily blinded by a white light. You had no idea what it was, but you weren't about to find out. You heard a gunshot and knew you didn't have much time.

"Follow me," you ordered as you temporarily treated his wound with a scarf. The dragon looked back towards the approaching hunters before deciding to follow you.

In the safety of your home, you hid the dragon in the barn. Your family used to have cattle, but that was a long time ago. Now you had a barn full of unnecessary things you didn't want to get rid of.

Without you being able to prepare something more comfortable for him, the dragon lay down on the pile of hay. In the meantime, you reached for the first aid kit and properly treated his arrow wound. The dragon watched you the whole time but didn't even flinch.

When you were done, the dragon looked to its side before yawning to reveal a row of sharp teeth. After that, he laid his head on the ground again and fell asleep.

You didn't want to unnecessarily disturb him, so you returned to your cottage, which was right next door.

You made yourself a hot drink, wrapped yourself in a blanket and sat down in the chair. You were proud of yourself for saving the dragon from the hunters.