3.Chance

After Pierson and Liv left the room, Lexi turned to Andrew.
He was lying on the bed, eyes slightly closed.
Blood from his nose was starting to run down the bed sheet.
Lexi helped Andrew out of bed and led him into the bathroom.She took a towel and wet it with water, then cleaned the blood from his face.
As she cleaned his face, she felt something holding her waist.
He looked down and saw Andrew's hand there.

Andrew noticed Lexi's discomfort and quickly removed his hand.
After Lexi cleaned Andrew's face, she helped him back to the bed.
Lexi went back into the bathroom to brush her teeth.
When she returned, she saw Andrew already asleep on the bed.
She walked over to his bed and wrapped the blanket over him. For a moment, Lexi found herself staring at Andrew.
Her eyes traveled over Andrew's handsome face. His lips were pouted in the most adorable way.
For a moment, she forgot about the distance she kept.
Lexi felt something flutter inside her.
It was a feeling she had never felt before.
Her hand was heading for Andrew's face, but suddenly, she came back to reality.
"What's wrong with me?" she said to herself and jumped off Andrew's bed.
Lexi turned off all the lights and fell asleep in her bed.

Several hours passed.
The time was somewhere around 5:30am and the rays of the sun were slowly starting to show. Lexi couldn't sleep that night. So many times, she tossed and turned in her bed in an attempt to sleep, but her attempts were unsuccessful.
And she didn't feel like she needed the daily dose of sleep either. She felt like she just had her morning coffee and was ready for a new day, even from early.

Lexi got up and made her bed. It's Saturday.
There are no classes today, and she was free all day. Today, in principle, is a day for laundry and for buying food and other products that you will need during the week.

Lexi put on a black hoodie and black leggings.
She combed her long hair and decided to take a walk outside.
She quietly walked past Andrew's bed and then opened and closed the door really slow and quiet so she didn't wake up Andrew.

Lexi walked outside in front of the building. The light cool air blew into Lexi's face. But she had no problem with that. She walked slowly around the building and listened to her favorite genre of music - country.

For other people, this day is normal, but for Lexi, this day is hard.
The date is October 2, 2023, and exactly eight years ago, on October 2, 2015, Lexi lost her family. And right now, she just wants to be at their graves, leave flowers for them, and stay there for a while, but she can't. All she can do right now is stand strong for her parents.

After a few hours, Andrew woke up.
He looked around and saw that Lexi was not in the room. Andrew was worried because she was gone and something might have happened to her.

Suddenly the door opened. Andrew turned to see Lexie.
At this point he rested. Seeing her come back alive and well reassured him.
"Hey. Where have you been?" Andrew asked her.
Lexi took off her shoes, lay down on her bed and then answered Andrew.
"I couldn't sleep and early in the morning I decided to go for a walk."
Andrew noticed that Lexie's eyes were red and slightly puffy.
"Did you cry?"
He decided to ask.
Lexi let out a breath and looked at Andrew, who was now sitting on hers, wanting to know what happened.
"No.." Lexi answered and wiped the tear that was running down her cheek.

"Lexi if there's anything tell me. I'll listen to you."
Andrew said.
Lexi just kept quiet.
She is not yet ready to share her problems with people. Lexi sees that Andrew means well to her, but somehow she can't give him a chance.
She cannot give herself a chance to reveal her heart to people and live a normal life.

She still lives with the thought that people forget about you when you turn off their faucet with just a snap of your fingers.
Good hearted people still exist, we just sometimes don't give them a chance.