Chapter 1

It is winter time. Three children and a young woman are playing in a nursery. A girl, whose name is Mirell Darling and a woman named Nevaeh are just telling a story to Mirell's brothers John and Michael who are sitting on the ground. Nevaeh has long wavy brown hair, hazel eyes and light freckles on her cheeks. Mirell has blonde long wavy hair, light freckles and blue-greyish eyes. She is the eldest child in the Darling family. John is the middle child in the Darling family. He has dark brown hair, brown eyes and he's wearing round glasses. Michael is the youngest child in the Darling family. He has ginger hair, green eyes and he has a teddy bear who he loves very much. Between the boys sits a dog. She is the Darling family nanny. Her name is Nana.

The boys listen to the girls carefully.

"Cinderella flew through the air, far from all things ugly and ordinary," Nevaeh says as she moves around the room with her arms out to make it look like she's flying.

"When she landed at the ball, she found herself most impertinently surrounded by pirates. There was Alf Mason, so ugly his mother sold him for a bottle of Muscat." Mirell says with a cold voice.

She is wearing a toy chest shield on top of her sleeping gown.

"Bill Jukes, every inch of him tattooed," Nevaeh continues with a sinister smile, moving her hands down her body for emphasis.

"And worst of them all....Hook!" Mirell says. She raises her right hand and forms her finger so it looks like a hook. The boys gasp.

"With eyes blue as forget-me-nots, say when he clawed your belly with the iron hook he has instead of a right hand, at which time, his eyes turn red," Nevaeh says as she and Mirell walk towards the boys, backing them up.

Mirell moves her hand with the hook like she's clawing someone.

Then John, who is wearing a soldier costume, stands up and takes a wooden sword from the children's toy box. He points it at Mirell and starts moving towards her. Mirell starts to back away. "'Girlie,' said Hook. 'We have come for ye glass slippers.'" He says in a pirate's voice, acting like Hook. He has his right hand held up and his finger shaped like a hook.

"Who be you to order me about and call me girlie? Take that!" Mirell says as she pulls out a toy sword from behind her back and starts fighting with John. Michael, Nana and Nevaeh are cheering them on.

"Take that!"

"Take that!"

"Commoner!"

The children and the young woman are having fun, unaware that they are being watched.

Outside the nursery window is a boy. He has dark blonde curly hair and blue-greenish eyes and he is staring at the children. Nana notices the boy but she was interrupted by Nevaeh.

"Hook came at her!" Nevaeh says.

John yells as he started running towards Mirell with his sword pointed at her.

Mirell is standing right in front of the bookshelf and when she notices John running with his sword pointed at her, she managed to duck right before John's sword hit her. The sword hit the bookshelf instead and knocked down some books and things. Mirell slips away from the falling books.

Nana looks at the window once again to see a small bright golden light next to the boy's ear. The glow emanating from it shines a bit on the boy, and Nana can see the boy's eyes looking at her. They look challenging and dangerous, like inviting Nana for a fight and he has an evil smile on his face.

The children continue playing.

"What happened then? What happened then?" Michael asked, curiosity in his voice.

"The brave Cinderella settled the matter once and for all.." Mirell continued.

Nana looked at the boy once again.

"..with her revolver!" Nevaeh finished the sentence.

"With her revolver?" John asked.

Nana senses danger and starts barking at the boy, catching the playing children's and woman's attention.

They hurry to the window and open it, looking everywhere. But there is no sight of anything. But what they didn't know, is that the boy was looking at them from the roof of the Darling's home.

Soon, they close the window.

"The night on which the extraordinary adventures of these children and woman may be said to have begun....."

"...was the night Nana barked at the window."

"But there was nothing there, not a bird or a leaf..."

"So the children forgot about it, for what troubles a grown-up will never trouble a child..."

But then, the cuckoo clock chimes, startling the children and young woman.