𝓋𝒾𝒾𝒾, daeron's departure.

chapter eight, daeron's departure.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The sun shined bright in the chambers, Alana woke up feeling the summer heat already slowly making its way into the room

The sun shined bright in the chambers, Alana woke up feeling the summer heat already slowly making its way into the room. Alana sat up and rubbed her eyes, before looking at Aegon who slept next to her.

She knew she'd have to eventually confront him about his night late escapades, but for now she didn't. Alana left the warmth of the bed, walking towards the window.

Alana stood infront of the window, looking at the sea that stretched for miles and so on.

She heard the door open and saw Lysara, "Good Morrow, my lady."

"Good morrow, Lysara." Alana smiled, stepping away from the window.

"Did you sleep well my lady?" Lysara asked, walking towards where Alana's dresses were.

"Yes, fine." Alana nodded, looking at Aegon who still slept on his stomach, before she followed Lysara.

"Which one, my lady?" Lysara asked, holding a deep purple and then a light blue dress.

"The blue." Alana said, before Lysara nodded and put back the deep purple.

She helped Alana get out of her nightgown, and put on her underdress and then her blue dress. As she adjusted the laces in the back Alana heard Aegon slowly wake up.

Alana looked away from the ground and looked at Aegon, who sat up rubbing his eyes. "You're awake early."

"So are you." Alana spoke, as Lysara continued to do the laces in the back. "How'd you sleep?"

"Horrible, I don't think I got enough sleep." He groaned as he laid back on the bed, ready to sleep again.

"Ah, I wonder why that is." Alana muttered, a hint of sarcasm in her tone.

Aegon sat up again, trying to understand her words but brushed it off, "Why are you awake so early?" He played with the edge of the blankets.

"Have you forgotten? Daeron is leaving today." Alana spoke, as Lysara finished with the laces. Alana walking to the vanity, and sat down.

"Right." Aegon groaned, getting out of bed. "I forgot."  He grabbed a green tunic and threw it over his undershirt.

Lysara combed Alana's hair and began braid the brown locks. As Lysara did that Alana put on her necklace, rings and earrings.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Alana stood next to Aegon in the courtyard. The sky was clear blue, the sun shined brightly overhead, as Daeron's dragon Tessarion flew around the Red Keep.

The King Viserys stood next to The Queen Alicent, as Aemond and Helaena stood next to them, and Otto stood next to Alana and Aegon. Daeron looked at the carriage, realizing it was time to go.

Alana hadn't really gotten to know Daeron these past two moons, but the departure was nonetheless sad. Alana fidgeted with her rings as she saw Daeron say goodbye to Helaena and Aemond before walking over to his mother, who hugged him. "You will write everyday?"

"Of course mother." Daeron smiled, before stepping to Viserys.

Viserys coughed into his cloth  before looking at Daeron. "Goodbye Daemon."

Alicent looked baffled by this, "This is Daeron, my love."

"Ah, right, Daeron." Viserys nodded. Aegon chuckled to himself which caused Alicent to give him a look.

After a few minutes of Daeron saying his goodbyes,
he stepped into the carriage, a servant shutting the door behind him.

The carriage slowly pulled away from the Red Keep, the sound of the horse's hooves hitting the stone of the ground. Above Tessarion let out of a loud screech before she too flew away from the Red Keep.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
one of my shortest chapters...but i'll update soon :)