Fall of the Metal Benders

Everyone gasped. Erik held his breath; he feared this will happen. Charles faced Erik; Charles knew exactly what kind of trouble Erik was in. You see, when the X-Games first begun the Metal Benders were flourishing and therefore many were reaped in the Games. But many of the benders had the ability to destroy the arena and almost escaped. After several years of this, the Club had an act where the Metal Benders must move to another District, for ‘safety’ reasons. For a while, the Metal Benders lived in District 13 until it was bombed, killing every Metal Bender and their children. The Metal Benders were thought to be extinct but Erik was proof that some lived.

            “Well,” Effie was trying to wrap this up, “A clap for our tributes!” Again silence.

Effie sighed, “Ok. Um…shake hands!” Erik and Charles faced each other, blue meeting green. Charles slowly stuck out his hand which Erik slightly shook before they were escorted to separate rooms. But before that, Effie grabbed both tributes’ hand and raised them up high, proclaiming “Our tributes Erik Mellark and Charles Everdeen!”

+++++++++++++++++++++++

A/N: Again super short.... by the preparation for the Games, the chapters will be longer