𝕺𝖍 𝖂𝖍𝖔 𝕴𝖘 𝕾𝖍𝖊?

𝕊𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣:
𝕎𝕙𝕠 𝕀𝕤 𝕊𝕙𝕖?
𝟙𝟞 𝕄𝕚𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕣𝕤
𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕋𝕠 𝔻𝕠
𝔹𝕖 ℕ𝕚𝕔𝕖 𝕋𝕠 𝕄𝕖

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

Holy shit. I have a sister? What the fuck? Where is she now? What the hell happened to her? What the hell happened to us? We were close- did I really just forget her? Am I really strangers with the person who should be my best friend?

I can't even tell the others- they won't understand. She was working for WCKD and she wasn't in our maze, so she must still be working from them- that's what they'll assume. And they'll hate me for caring about her- I know it.

So I'll pretend I dreamt of nothing- even though that was far from the truth. The ghost of who I've known and who I've been haunting me through my own thoughts and dreams. A ghost of who I used to be haunting me. The ghost of him, too.

I found I was the last to wake up, Fry, Thomas, and Newt were already awake. Frypan had music blurring on the radio. I looked out the window, squinting at the sun. We passed a massive billboard saying: MANDATORY INFECTION CHECK, 2 MILES AHEAD.

I suppose we were nearly at the last city, although, I don't see anything. I only see mountains. My stomach protested against my lack of food consumption, rumbling. "Don't suppose anybody has a snickers- or pringles- perchance?" Frypan turned around, looking both concerned and bewildered.

"A snickers? You've gotta be kidding." He responded, I stared at him, deadpan. Why would I be joking? Maybe he was more of a Mars bar kind of guy. "Eyes on the road, please," I scoffed, brushing his comment off. I don't 'kid' about food. Ever.

In all seriousness, I genuinely was hungry. "Here." Thomas turned around and handed me a granola bar, he still seemed annoyed at me from last night. I took it from him reluctantly, it wasn't a snickers, but it was food. "Oh? Thanks, Major Tom," I ruffled his hair and grinned.

Thomas sighed before turning back around. Frypan slowed the car, we had reached the so called "mandatory infection check", but there wasn't anything here. The only way I even knew we were here was because of a rusted sign I noticed upon arriving.

We each got out of the car, I'd unwrapped my granola bar now. As I shut the door behind me, I stared at the same thing that the others were. A tunnel. There was no light shed upon the dark abyss. There was no way around it, this was the only way to the last city- to Minho.

"Well shit," I mumbled, through my mouth stuffed of food. "Yeah, no kidding." Frypan replied, his tone appalled; he didn't seem to like the idea of driving into that tunnel anymore than I did.

"You want us to go in there?" Newt asked Thomas, he matched Fry's energy, as well as mine. Thomas thought hard, looking at his map. "I don't wanna come across as too negative but I mean if I was a crank that's exactly where I'd be." Newt continued.

Thomas looked at his map, seemingly looking for a way around. "I don't think we have much of a choice." He concluded, looking at his map one last time before joining me and Fry in staring into the black abyss of the tunnel.

After I finished my granola bar, I tossed the wrapper to the ground, I watched it lingered in the air for a minute before it slowly fall onto the onto the concrete. It reminded me of something- though I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Newt was headed back to the car now, finally coming to terms with the fact we were going to have to brave the tunnel. "Alright, I get shotgun." Newt called out, mostly directed at Thomas, but loud enough so me and Fry could hear to.

Oh hell no. I'm not about to sit in the back next to Thomas. The gravel made small clouds behind my feet as I scattered to the car door, beating Newt to it. "Really?" He didn't seem amused. "Really." Doesn't matter if he was amused or not.

I turned and got into the car, fastening my seatbelt so he couldn't try and drag me out. Newt stood, his face displaying his lack of amusement, his arms crossed. He looked like somebodies menopausal mother.

I pulled a face at him through the window before turning to look at Fry who had just got in the car besides me. He looked at me, and then to Newt, who still remained outside my car door. He turned away, minding his business.

Thomas got in the car next, this was when Newt finally got in the car too, sitting next to Thomas in the back. I sat upfront with Frypan. He put the keys back into the car and started the ignition. I'm bored already.

As the few feet ahead of us in were illuminated by the headlights of the car, I felt less threatened by it; no cranks, no problem. So far- anyway.
·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·