Part 9

SPIKE'S POV:

The sun glinted through the windows, lighting up Spike's attic room. He had changed it a lot in the month he'd been here. Its walls had been repainted a pine tree shade of green, and posters had been adorned around the walls and the once-empty bookshelf filled with graphic novels, old stories he and Jinx had wrote, and other books. The once bare floor now had a green rug sitting on top. A plant had been placed in the corner. A few of his hoodies and jackets now laid on the bedframe. It was a mess. But Spike didn't care about that. He was meeting Winter at a dougnut shop, and the husky had texted that he was already walking over. He wrestled a green flannel hoodie and walked out, waving to his mom, Luna, who waved groggily as Kieran rambled about sharks. Kieran LOVED sharks.

Spike paced through the cold, early fall weather, crunching leaves with his steps. Tally Hall buzzed in his ears, as he paced through the street. He stopped to pet a stray cat, and as he approached an old looking doughnut shop titled "Hound's family bakery". Winter was sitting at a table, leaning back, earbuds plugged into an ear. "Oh, hey." Winter took his earbuds out, and waved. "Come on, Spike. I know this place, it looks like it's for babies but these are the best doughnuts in the continent of north america." Winter got up, stretched, and led Spike in. They were soon eating hot glazed doughnuts and talking. "So. How're your cousins?" Spike asked. Winter's three cousins were staying over for the weekend because their parents needed alone time. "Honestly? Horrendous. These little shits have been waking me up at four in the morning, deadnaming me because of their nasty, transphobic parents (Mine support though, they keep correcting them but the little anklebiters don't listen), and they eat my snacks." Winter groaned.

Spike snorted. "God. How old are they again?" Asked Spike. "2, 3, and 2 1/2." Said Winter. "How old's your brother?" Asked Winter. "4. He's a cool little guy. Makes me play Sharks with him a lot, but he's got ADHD and it's his current hyperfixation. I don't care." Said Spike. Winter nodded. "Winter, can I ask you something?" Asked Spike. Winter nodded. "How'd you know you're gay?" Asked Spike. "Well. It wasn't really something I thought about. I was straight when I was a girl. I transitioned and I still liked guys. So...Yeah." Winter said. Spike nodded. "Why do you ask. I-if you're comfortable sharing..." Inquired Winter. "I think I'm gay. But I like someone who's enby? And I've never liked girls that much. But boys, sometimes... and I've liked a lot of other genders. But I'm not Pan, like Jinx, cause I don't think I like girls..." Said Spike.

"There's a lot of labels you could use. You could be Uranic. Or Polysexual. Maybe Omni? Or simply Gay. But I feel like you could do your own research, you know. I'm not one to pick. But those are some terms you may wanna look into." Winter said. "Thanks." Said Spike, a smile creeping onto his face. "But...If I can know...who is it you like?" Asked Winter, resting his head on his hands, smiling mischeviously. "Well. Remember my friend Jinx?"

A/N: This one's a lil short, but I felt like writing today, so yeah. Hope you guys enjoyed!