Part 13

JINX

"So, you excited about camping?" Asked Sunny, who was fidgeting with a toy slug. "Yeah! I can't wait to screw around in the woods like an idiot and eat s'mores." Responded Jinx. "Well, you'll have to save your excitement, because we've got- Babe, what's our ETA?" Asked Bandit. "Four hours." Said Chilli. "Four hours." Finished Bandit. Two sighs came from the wayback of the car. "That's soooooooooo LONG!" Exclaimed Bingo. "Hey, Jinx's friend?" Asked Bluey. "What's up?" Asked Sunny. "What's your favorite ice cream flavor?" 

SPIKE

"And THAT'S what our class twi-trip to the zoo was like!" Kieran finished his story. He had been talking about a class trip to the zoo for the past two hours, and documenting every detail that had happened, from the teacher buying the class Dippin' dots for being good to some kid getting lost in the reptile house to Kieran and his best friends getting to see a "For real" tiger. Spike was shocked that he had so much energy after getting up at four in the morning to get to the airport and sitting through a nine hour flight where he talked to Mom the entire time. "It's cool that you got to see a tiger." Said Winter, who seemed (At least to Spike) Energized after his nine hour flight. "Anyways,  how long 'til we're there?" Asked Spike. "30 minutes." Said Dad, as he sipped his coffee. Spike leaned over and pressed his snout against the window, watching as the city slowly turned to trees, as the car sped into the brush. 

JINX

Jinx was bored. Sunny had fallen asleep, and Bluey and Bingo were caught up in some game that they told Jinx they were 'too far into' for them to join. They decided to text Spike.

Jinx: Hi girliepop

SPIKE

Winter glanced over as Spike's phone buzzed. "Is that the one you like?" he whispered. Spike could only nod. "Well?"

Spike: Hiiii
Jinx: wyd
Spike: In the car
Jinx: Same we going camping at Brisbane Rocks*
*probably not a real place?

"OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD THEY'RE CAMPING TOO!" Shout-whispered Spike. Winter smiled in excitement.
Spike: HOLY FUK
Jinx: Wat
Spike: WE'RE LITERALY HEADING THERE RN
Jinx: OMFG NO WAY U LYING
Spike: IM NOT
Jinx: WHERE WE MEETING UP
Spike: Creek?
Jinx: YIS
Jinx: I'll introduce u to my friend sunny as well!!!!!!!!
Spike: Oh ya same but my friends name is Winter!
Jinx: Oh we're here bye!!!!!!
Spike: BAIIIII SEE U SOON

Winter leaned over, grinning. "You'll tell them here, right?" Asked Winter. "Y-yeah." Spike stammered. "Hey, they've got a friend for you..." Said Spike, grinning. Winter blushed a little, rolling their eyes. "Shut up."

JINX
"He's gonna be here too??" Asked Sunny. "Yes!!" Jinx exclaimed, their tail wagging. "Ahh, this is amazing for you!! Are you gonna tell him there?" Asked Sunny, lowering his voice a little. "Um. Yeah?" Said Jinx. "I think he likes you back, man." Sunny said. "Man, I'll be the only single person in the group!" Said Sunny, shrugging. "Hey, he's coming with his friend." 

"Oh, shut up." 

AN HOUR LATER

"So, the creek's that way?" Asked Sunny. "Yep, now go meet this kid's friend! We have to queue up the grill!" Said Uncle Stripe, as Muffin leaned over the (Unfired) grill, shouting, "IS IT DONE YET??" 

"Oh, man you'll love Spike!" Said Jinx, "He's super funny and snarky and stuff. I think you guys will really like eachother." The two creeped down the hill, and waded into the water. "Hey. where is he-" Jinx was cut off being tackled by a familiar pitbull. "RAH! I FUCKING MISSED YOU, YOU GOOBER!" Exclaimed Spike, his arms tightly embracing Jinx in a bear hug. "Ah! You too, dumbass!" Laughed Jinx, returning the hug. "So how have you been?" asked Spike, releasing them but holding their wrists still. Oh, man we're literally, like holding hands. Thought Jinx. Oh, shoot, I'm basically holding their hands. Thought Spike. 

"Well, pretty good and- Oh, I almost forgot! This is my australian best friend, Sunny!" Jinx pointed to Sunny, who smiled and waved. "Hey!" Spike and Sunny slapped eachother's hands. "Oh, and that's my Canadian best friend, Winter!" Winter waved, and Jinx waved back. Sunny and Winter stared, eyes locked. Sunny's face looked a little flushed. "Hi." The two said in unison. They both laughed a little, and high fived. "Anyways, do you guys wanna see our campsite?" Asked Jinx. "Yeah, sure!" Said Spike. Jinx led Spike to the campsite, where they introduced Spike to Bluey and Bingo, and played a game of Egyptian Rat Screw* (Winter won, and he and Sunny soon left to 'Go to the bathroom or something', which Spike asked if they were gonna make out, which made Jinx giggle), and it was soon dinner. 

*A card game that happens to be Mako's favorite card game that he is very bad at

After some begging on Spike's part, his parents said he could stay at Jinx's for barbeque, and the two families ate together. After some chatting after S'mores, and Chilli and Bandit remarking on how much of a "nice young man" Spike was, the gang split up to hang out. "Hey, uh, Jinx? You wanna walk to the peak?" Asked Spike. Jinx nodded, and before they said anything, Spike gently grabbed their hand and the two started walking. Alright, here we go.

A/N: Hello, potato chips! I hope you guys are excited for the finale, coming soon! I hope you guys enjoyed this, as a treat, there's a lil bonus story below this! 

-Mako!!

BONUS!

"Hey, um, Sunny? Winter? It's time for dinner!" Shouted Jinx. "You know where they could be?" Asked Spike. "I don't know, Sunny said he had to pee and Winter said he did too?" Said Jinx. "Maybe check your tent. I'll check mine." Said Jinx. "Hey, Sunny, Winter? It's time for dinner-"
ignore mako's arguably shitty art

"Oh

"Oh..um..carry on." Jinx left, their face warm. "Did you find the-" Spike was cut off. "Um...kind of?"