TROUBLESOME SOCS ( DARRY POV )

As I finally settled down onto the couch, I grabbed the newspaper and relaxed, Today Is my day off, I haven't gotten one in a while, so I'm talking advantage of this.

Soda is at work, Pony is at track practice, and for once, no one is bumming at our place, not that I mind it, it's just nice to have some peace and quiet for once, it's been quite the week.

Just as i got relaxed, I heard some noises from outside, it sounded like crying...

That's never good.

As I look out the window, my eyes widen as I rush to the front door, I see none other than my kid brother, Ponyboy, beat half-to-death with bruses covered over his body, he's struggling to get up the steps, tears running down his face.

I let out a gasp as I ran over towards Pony.

"D-darry" he says, so quite you could hear a pin drop.

"It's ok baby, it's ok" I reassure him as I pick Pony up bridal style and take him inside, he let's out a confused squeak as he grips onto me like his life depends on it.

As I place him on the couch, I go to grab the first-aid box, but I am stopped when a brused hand grabs my wrist.

"Darry, d-don't leave, please" Pony whispers desperately.

"I'll be right back little buddy, I promise, I just need to grab some stuff for your injuries" I say as I brush Pony's hair off of his face and head towards the kitchen.

As I walk back into the living room, I see Ponyboy curled up, hyperventilating and tugging at his hair, gosh he's pale.

I rush over towards his side and crouch down.

"Hey, hey baby, baby look at me, look at me, you're ok, you're safe, I got you" I tell Pony, trying to make my voice sound as soft as I can, gently pulling his hands away from his hair.

I calm Pony enough to be able to tend to his injuries.

I clean all his wounds and fix them up, comforting Pony as much as I can.

Pony is still crying, even after cleaning him up, and so I sit next to him and wrap him in my arms, whispering reassurances until his crys turn into sniffles.

"What happened?" I ask softly, I won't push Pony to tell me yet, but I might aswell try.

"Some Socs found me as- as I was walking home from track" Pony whispers

"I was so scared Dar, I thought they were gonna kill me" Pony's voice cracks.

Those fucking Socs.

"you're safe now, ok? I promise I won't let this happen to you ever again, not over my dead body" I promise him as I grip Pony tighter.

Pony melts into my touch and eventually falls asleep, we stay like this until Soda arrives home later that evening.

THE END :)