SNOW DAY ( 3RD PERSON )

( This takes place years earlier then 'The Outsiders' )

Ages 》
Ponyboy - 3
Johnny - 5
Sodapop - 5
Steve - 5
Dallas - 5
Two-bit - 7
Darry - 9

////

It was a snowy morning in Tulsa, it was barley 7 in the morning when there was voices heard from inside of the Curtis's house...

"Sodapop Patrick Curtis, you better get over here and put your jacket on or else you will not be playing outside!" Mrs Curtis said sternly at a young Soda.

"No!" Soda yells back, running down the hall of their house.

At the other end of the house, a much calmer Darry was helping to put Ponyboy's jacket on him.

"Can we build a snowman?" Pony asks Darry, his green eyes looking innocently at his older brother.

"Sure thing" Darry grinned at Pony, tickling him after putting on his jacket.

As they walked down the hall, there was a knock at the door, they could barley hear it over Mrs Curtis and Soda.

"I got it" says Mr Curtis as he opens the door to reveal Mrs Mathews and two little boys.

"Hey Two-bit and Steve!" Ponyboy yells as he runs up to them, nearly tripping over in his boots that may be a little too big for him, but he insisted he get them, as he is, quote, 'a big boy now'.

"These boys just couldn't wait to come over here and play in the snow" Mrs Mathews smiles as they walk in.

Around the hall, a satisfied Mrs Curtis and a grumpy Soda walk up to the rest of them.

Soda forgets he's angry once his eyes meet with Steve, who runs over to him, with way too much energy for a cold and early Saturday morning.

"Ok, I think everyone is ready, let's go!" Mr Curtis cheers as he opens up the front door, the boys all rush out, excited to play.

////

The boys all split off to do their own activities, Two-bit, Steve and Soda start plotting a potential snowball fight, whilst Darry and Pony get started on a snowman.

After a bit, a small Johnny Cade, holding a protective Dallas Winston's hand, walk over to the front yard where everyone is playing.

Everyone greets them happily as they join in on the fun.

////

"I think the snowman looks pretty good, don't you thing Pony?" Darry asks as he turns to Ponyboy.

"It's missing a nose!" Pony says after some inspection.

"You're right! I'll go ask mom if she has a carrot we can use" Darry smiles as he walks over to Mrs Curtis.

Just as Mrs Curtis goes inside with Darry, someone yells something.

"SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!"

And chaos ensures.

Snowballs are flying from all kinds of directions.

Unfortunately, Ponyboy gets hit unexpectedly.

He falls onto the ground, tears welling up in his eyes,

No one notices.

Over on the other side of the yard, Two-bit and Soda are hiding behind a tree.

"We need to get Dally good!" Two-bit whispers to Soda.

"Yea!" He replies, "do you know where Steve went?" He asks Two-bit.

"I dunno"

Meanwhile, in another tree sits a smart Steve with his stash of snowballs, looking for unsuspecting victims.