Ponyboy

Plot: It's Thanksgiving and you & Dally (siblings), go to the Curtis' home for dinner. This will also be the first time you're introduced.

Y/N's POV

"Are you sure I'm allowed?" I say, fixing my knee-length dress. I didn't want my outfit to scream try hard, or even a wannabe soc.

"No, they think you have cooties- you're fine!" Dally groans at the last part.

It's 7:30, and the sun had already set, putting an end to it's pink and orange hues, as a cool shade of blue covers the sky like a blanket.

Dallas and I are walking to the Curtis residence. I heard of them. From both school, and Dally. We reach the front porch, and I come to an irrupt stop. 

Dallas turns on his heels, now facing me. "What now." He looks at me with his hands on his hips.

"Oh, well I'm sorry if this annoys you Dallas Winston, but I've never met these people before. What if they hate me? Or kick me out cause I'm too annoying. Or-"

"The only kicking happening is me putting my foot up their a$$ if they ever call you that. Got it."

I nod my head in response. Hiding my surprise from his words of affirmation. Dallas Winston, one of the toughest greasers out here in Tulsa, finally acting.. nice??? 

He smiles lightly, as he walking over, placing his right arm over my shoulder as we walk up the stairs. But of course, there can never be a normal sibling talk with Dallas without a noogie.

"Dallas?! What are you- no! Stop! It took me so long to make my hair look perfect!?!!"

I push him off, and rub my head. I take a quick glace at myself on the window, going through my hair, tucking in any fly-aways.

"Stop it Y/N, you look just fine. And they'll think you're alright kid. 'kay? If they don't, I'll force them to."

I chuckle at the last part. Dally was always like this. I fiddle with my fingers, straightening my posture, while taking a long needed deep breath.

"Ready?" He quickly takes a glance over his shoulder, as he walks toward the door.

"Yeah. Ready." I reply, behind him.

He turns the door knob, and steps in.  A bit confused, I step in, hesitantly.

"Hey guys, what happening?"

"Hey Dal!" 

"Food's still warm"

"Came at the right time, we were just about to eat."

"Yeah, yeah, great. Listen you guys. I bought my kid sis along, she didn't have anyone to share this with. Figured she'd tag along, right?

The room became dead silent.. I felt the tension in the room. 

"Hi, I'm Y/n." I blurt, smiling at the awkwardness.

A boy quickly stands to his feet, "Ponyboy, nice to meet you." He reaches his arm out.

As we shake hands I felt my blood rush to my face. His dazzling green eyes capturing mine the second they made contact. Someone's cough pulled me away from my thoughts. 

Really, Dallas.

 I thought, breaking the contact I secretly wished to have lasted a lifetime. 

I heard a few chuckles from the table, but mainly from a guy wearing Mickey Mouse attire.

Somebody else got up from their seat, and stuck his arms out, and flashed a charming smile.

"Darryl Curtis, but you can call me Darry. We're finally glad to meet you."

I guess I had  confused written all over my face.

"What I meant was, Dally couldn't stop telling us about how-"

He was quickly cut off by Dally, who seemed to be ever so slightly flushed.

"Blah, blah. Let's eat, I'm starving!"

Laughter was to be heard from the group of boys as they teased Dally for turning to a softie.

"You can take the seat beside Pony." The one with the charming smile said to me.

Of course the only seat open is the one beside the cute one!

I was about to pull the chair, until someone stopped me. I look up to see those same hypnotizing eyes. He pulled out the chair, and took a quick glance at me. I smile, as I thank him, whilst sitting down. I see him smirking to himself. That made me giggle. Apparently too loud.

Dally, who was sitting Infront of me, looks at me, with an unreadable expression.

"What?"

"What's so funny?"

I roll my eyes when I catch him send a glare to Pony's direction.

"Lets say grace." Darry says, catching everyone's attention.

I bow my head, closing my eyes, and folding my hands together.

I expected to soon hear a prayer after the announcement, but instead I heard a kick coming from underneath the table. I slightly open my right eye, only to see Pony glaring at Darry, and jerking his head towards my direction.

Before Darry could call my name, I shut my eye, and pretend I had not seen anything.

"Um, Y/n?"

I open, the both of my eyes, while lifting my head, with my hands at their side. I was a bit confused as to why nobody had their heads down, or eyes closed.

"We all hold hands when saying grace."

"Oh! Sorry, different families I guess." I give Dally a look I knew he'd understand.

 From the corner of my eye I catch a glimpse of Darry giving Pony a wink as Pony interlocks his hands with mine.

He looks at me,  the corner of his lips tugging in an upward motion.

I felt as though my head would explode. But before he could see just how easily flustered I had gotten, I lower my head and closed my eyes, smiling to myself in secrecy.

 We continue on with the prayer, then later on with the feast.