21

i’m sitting at a cafe waiting for taylor. she’s coming today to meet me and to help me write some songs. i’m low key having a panic attack right now but it’s okay.

isabella and charlie are on there date right now. they are going to a restaurant. i have no idea where he is taking her.

the door open and i snap my head over to it. it shows the blonde who i’ve looked up to my whole life walking in looking up to. and she’s looking for me.

she sees me and walks up. she gives me a quick hug and we sit down.

“hi i’ve been looking forward to this for like 3 weeks.” she says drinking some coffee.

“i have to,” i say pulling out my notebook.

“okay let’s get to business.” she says. i smile at her and give her my notebook.

it has 10 and a half songs written. one of them is a collab with someone else. it is honestly scary that so many people are helping me with my music career. i feel like this better not fail or else i will cry.

she has reads some of so high school. the first song. she finishes it and looks up at me. “you know i really didn’t think a 14 year old could be so inappropriate. but overall it was amazing.” she tells me.

“do you mind telling me who this is about?” she says looking at me.

“just a boy i know.” i say looking down.

“okay im here to help you so im going to say this, one of you can’t say what your writing then don’t release it, second always be confident with your writing and singing. if its not good enough for you then don’t release it. i think that you have so amazing songs but are you confident in them?”

“yeah i think they are good.” i say.

“that’s the first step. second step is to sing them. when was the last time you sang?” she asks looking up at me.

“umm a few months ago with theater but i took singing classes for years so im well trained in my voice.” i say straightening up.

she nods at me, “im so sorry for talking to you about this. that’s your managers responsibility but i wanted to know if you wanted to send me a voice memo of you singing a song.”

i nod my head to show i’m listening.

“if you wanted i could see if my recording studio would let you sing there.” she says to me.

“oh i would love that and i’ll get you that memo in like a day. what song would you like me to do?”

“umm do this one.” she points to the one song i wasn’t even going to release.

“ok i can do that don’t worry” i say.

“ thank you so much and im not lying when i say that was great if you don’t mind though i would like to read over the rest and make some notes?”

“oh of course i don’t mind” i say to her.

@brown.the.noun

noun