Chapter 5: The Hunted Library

Azyle

Yesterday's case was a whirlwind of emotions, like stepping into a Shakespearean drama that had spun out of control. The theater, usually a place of enchantment and dreams, had become a scene of murder and mystery.

Sir Morta has informed us that Alexis is now in the custody of the guidance counselor. She has also confessed to her crime.

"Azyle, bilisan mo." Tawag sa akin ni Lindsey na papunta na sa basketball court. PE namin ngayon kaya nandito kami sa Gym.

"Wait." Sinara ko na ang locker ko at tumakbo papunta sa kanya.

"Arms sideward." Utos sa amin ni Sir Morta. Sya rin ang PE instructor namin.

"As you all know hindi karaniwang PE ang meron sa department natin." Tinignan nya kami isa isa. He began to walk in front of us with his hands placed behind his back. "Since we are acting as the police inside this Academy, it is our duty to train like professional police officers."

"Today, we'll be focusing on both offensive maneuvers and defensive tactics."

Nagsimula nya na kaming turuan. He emphasizes foundational principles such as stance, balance, and footwork.

Sir instructed us to find partners, so since Lindsey was beside me, she became my partner. Freyden partnered with Kelsey, and Jaze partnered with Devon. Since Art didn't have a partner, Sir Morta partnered with him. We practiced various basic strikes and blocks. Lindsey's quick movements sometimes caught me off guard, making it challenging to block her strikes.

Sir Morta also introduced us to the concept of distance management. He taught us how to close in on an opponent for an attack and how to create space for defense. He emphasized the importance of reading an opponent's movements and intentions, preparing us to anticipate and react swiftly.

"Okay, class, that's all for today. Thank you for your cooperation. I encourage you to practice diligently to master the fundamentals of combat." Uminom sya ng tubig bago umalis.

Kanya kanya naman kaming naglabas ng tumbler namin at uminom. Weariness was evident on our faces, accompanied by beads of sweat dripping on our skin.

"Kakapagod, ayaw ko na" hinihingal na reklamo ni Kelsey. Tinanggal nya muna ang eyeglasses nya bago pinunasan ang pawis.

Art and Freyden lay down on the court. I sat down, and Lindsey leaned against me while wiping the sweat off her neck. Jaze, on the other hand, remained standing with his hands on his waist. Devon left immediately after Sir dismissed the class.

....

Umuwi muna ako sa dorm para maligo dahil may discussion pa kami sa Statistics and Probability.

Paglabas ko ng kwarto nakita ko si Riley na nakaupo sa sofa. Mukhang kararating lang, meron pang paint sa mukha nya.

"Kumusta training nyo? Pwede na ba kitang ilaban sa mga tambay?" Magkasunod nyang tanong.

Sinamaan ko lang sya ng tingin at pumunta sa kusina para kumuha ng tubig.

"Kumain kana?" Tanong ko matapos uminom ng kinuha kong tubig.

"Hala, pafall!" She acted as if she's surprise and then covered her mouth. Kailan ba magseseryoso ang babaeng 'to?

"Bahala ka nga dyan." Kinuha ko na ang bag ko at pumunta na sa pintuan para magsuot ng sapatos.

"Oo, bago ako umuwi kumain na ako sa cafeteria."

"Sige alis na ako." Pagpapaalam ko sa kanya bago binuksan ang pinto.

"Ingat!" Sigaw nya nang makalabas ako.