rehabilitation

"FASTER!!"

I sigh as I run faster around the rehabilitation building. Once we were all in better health and finished healing they started to work us to the core to be back in shape. Jeez, it was difficult...

After a few more laps I sat on both my knees and panted heavily.

I want to go back to bed...

After a whole day of training, and pretty getting kicked in the butt by all of these difficult tasks they are giving us, I was finally able to get to the room we were staying at and get some rest.

Once I was bathed and in sleepwear I made my way to the room and plopped down on my bed immediately. I was beyond tired, my legs felt like jelly, my belly felt like I would be having defined abs tomorrow, my arms felt weak...and like jelly. Everything was weak and sore.

Jeez...just how much can they work someone?

I sighed and closed my eyes. I then felt someone softly tuck a hair strand behind my ear. I blush and open my eyes to see Tanjiro looking down at me with a loving gaze and a soft smile.I smiled back softly and turned over to lay on my back. I opened my arms softly to gesture for him to lay with me and cuddle.

He blushed softly then smiled as he laid next to me and hugged me, resting his head on top of my head gently. I closed my eyes and nuzzled into his chest, feeling more calm and more tired as I felt more comfortable.

It didn't take long for me to fall asleep. And I'm sure it was the same for him.

.

.

.

No One's POV

Inosuke and Zenitsu entered the room soon after, they were both just as tired as Tanjiro and Y/n. When they got closer to their beds they noticed that Tanjiro wasn't in his bed. Zenitsu was worried and looked around the room then saw that Tanjiro was in Y/n's bed cuddling with her.

Zenitsu thought it was cute and came closer to get a closer look for a second. As he got a bit closer he noticed that both Y/n and Tanjiro were fast asleep and completely entangled in each other's arms. They looked very cute and comfortable.

Zenitsu was about to let out an audible 'awe' but his mouth was covered by Nezuko before he was able to. He froze and looked at her, she shook her head softly in a way of telling him to shut up. They both then looked at Tanjiro and Y/n again and saw both softly shift in their sleep but they were both still snuggled up to each other.

.

.

.

Y/n's POV

I softly opened my eyes as I saw the room getting lit up by the sun's rays from the big window near the beds. I rubbed my eyes and yawned then felt someone shifting next to me. I look up and see Tanjiro's chin and realize my head is laying on his chest.

I immediately blush and bury my face in his chest. I didn't want to wake up and have to go out again and do those horrid tasks that they make us do to get ready for our next missions.

Why couldn't my body just recuperate on its own with rest? Why did I have to endure long hours of working out in horrible conditions and do inhumane tasks?

I felt him stretch his head back a bit so I looked up at him. He realizes I am awake and looks down at me with the soft smile I've always loved.

"Good morning Y/n" he kisses my forehead.

"Good morn-"

"STOP IT WITH THE PDA DAMMIT!" Inosuke yells and glares at us both in disgust. We both laugh but Tanjiro then glares at Zenitsu when he sees Nezuko laying her head on his lap and him petting her hair.