Chapter 10~ im always watching

So that's how it went. Work, make out, then go shop for houses. It's been five months since Ricky "moved" out here and let's say he's here to stay.

The couple found a house that was a good size for them, but nothing crazy. It was a cute little house in NY like one you would see in London: long tall skinny. Ricky got a job down the road from Nini at a music school for kids to work as a side job of making his own music. Jimmy has become a member of their little family. He's gotten quite big, almost triple his weight. Every morning he would come and lick Ninis hand that would be dangling off the bed to wake her up.

Nini and Ricky were sitting at their dining room table eating dinner in silence, just enjoying each other.

"How are things at the school?" Nini asked out of the blue.

"Honestly pretty good. I like it out here."

"Well that's good." She chewed her food and focused on the table. Ricky immediately knew something was wrong.

"Baby what's up? I can see right through you."
She sighed and set down her fork.

"What if they get out?"

Ricky just blinked at her. Sorrow and concern washed over his face as he grabbed her hands.

"Neens they are never getting out. I won't let it happen. There's a restraint anyways. You're safe now babe."

"You don't know that Ricky."

"I know that ask long as I live, no one is ever going to harm you." She smiled at Ricky and nodded as they walked to go clean up their dishes.

******

The next morning, the sun was bright. Nini could feel the wetness on her hand and she sat up, petting jimmy.

"Hi buddy. Let's go outside." She wiped her hand and got up, walking the pup to the tight backyard. He peed and came back over to sit on her feet. She laughed and rubbed his hands before sitting down on the patio chair with the dog by her side. Ricky was somehow still asleep. Nini took a deep breath in and let it out as she looked at the trees that were slowly changing colors.

Nini was fine until she felt something. Or more like someone. She became alert and looked around.

"I swear I felt a pair of eyes on me..." she mumbled and stood up. "Come on, Jim. Let's go inside." She took one more take at the yard and went back inside.

"Morning baby." Ricky said walking over to nini who was standing by the door, a little freaked out. "You good?"

"What? Yeah! Just kinda zoned out. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. You did nothing wrong. You've gotta know that."

She looked down, blushing and he kissed her forehead. She looked up and attached her lips to his.

"I forgot to say good morning." She smirked and he shifted uncomfortably as he knew what was coming. She was just teasing him.

"Morning." He said again and she smiled, kissing him again and pulling him in deeper. He moved them over to the kitchen counter and hoisted her up on it, never breaking the kiss.

"I need more." He mumbled as his hands started to travel. She shivered as she heard him.

"Then get more."

*******
Running out the door with Jimmy to go to work, only 15 minutes late. It's okay though because EJ was there to back her up.

"Come on Jim!" She clapped her hands for the black dog to get into the car. He wouldn't move, his eyes fixated on something else. "Jimmy, come on!" After a few more calls, he still wouldn't budge. Nini groaned and lifted the dog into the passenger seat of the car.

When she got to work, everyone gave her some sort of look as she walked in.

"Good morning I'm sorry I'm late." She spoke to the receptionist.

"That's not like you." The lady sighed. "Continue."

Nini practically ran to the elevator with Jimmy, and then ran to her office in record time.

"I'm here!" She shouted out of breath as EJ just looked at her.

"Hello to you too. What took you so long? You are never late."

"Well first Jimmy wouldn't get into the car and I got carried away this morning doing things that had to get done and-"

"More like helping your boyfriend." Heat rushed to her cheeks.

"Stop! Anyways I'm here now."

EJ nodded and soon enough, Gina arrive and ran right over to Jimmy.

"Hey boy! I know you are my favorite nephew!"

"Hello to you too, Gina." Nini said sarcastically and Gina stood up.

"Oh hi, Nini. My bad" Nini just chuckled and sat down at her spiny chair and began typing on her laptop.

Eventually, jimmy had to go outside again, so Nini politely excused herself and walked him out front. She sat on her phone as her dog peed but she snapped her head up when he started barking. Barking at nothing.

"Jimmy come here boy!" Jimmy wouldn't come. Similar to how he did it this morning. It made her worried to the point where she wouldn't want to go any further. She just assumed it was a rabbit or something.

"Hey buddy! It just daddy." Ricky came around the corner and nini let out a breath as he petted the dog.

"Hey love." Ricky came over to her and kissed her head. She didn't reply at first but she just gave a delayed reaction.

"Hi. What are you doing here?"

"Oh well I figured it was almost your lunch and when I got here I saw you and Jimmy outside." He said, scratching his neck.

"I guess that makes sense. Come inside?" He nodded as the two and their dog walked to the elevator. Nini still seemed spaced but Ricky being Ricky thought everything was fine.

"So for lunch, I have protein bars, 1 week old rice from a Mexican restaurant, or a soggy sandwich from the cafeteria. Your pick." She said smiling shyly as she turned around. He was starting to notice.

"Neens, what's wrong baby. You are so spaced and not yourself." She sighed.

"I think I'm just being paranoid but I feel like there's eyes on me. I'm sure there's not though." He walked over to where she was standing and grabbed her two soft hands.

"I'm right here with you. I won't let anything happen to you." Nini nodded in reply but in the back of her mind she still felt like something was off.