𝐼.

"Ha ha! I beat you," Dante cried as Grace lifted herself off of the damp grass. The two were in the meadows of Boboros, having make believe fights with wooden swords. They would go out there almost every day, mainly to get away from the village and have some time to themselves

Boboros was a Tu'lanian village where Grace and Dante lived with their family. Dante was the youngest out of the family, just two years younger than Grace. First came Gene who was eighteen, then came Grace who was fourteen and then came Dante, who was twelve.

Grace never liked Gene though, Dante would look up to him but Grace hated him. Grace new that Dante obviously never saw the real Gene, but she did. Grace loved Dante though. He's the little brother that she have dreamed of. The two would often play together, tell each other stories and have make believe fights with wooden swords. Grace would do anything for her younger brother, she would sacrifice her life to protect him if she had to.

Grace smiled as she stood up off the damp grass. "You won't beat me this time!" Grace said, picking up her wooden sword off of the damp grass and held it, ready to fight again. The two of them dreamed of being guards when they got older. They wanted to be able to protect the innocent and fight off the bad.

Grace always thought Dante was an odd kid, but she loved him, either way. She don't know what she'd do without him. Gene was the head guard of the village but Grace knew that he didn't deserve that position. Gene had done a lot of bad things to get the position of the head guard and both Dante and Grace knew that.

Dante and Grace clashed swords and then stepped back from each other. "I'm gonna win!" Dante cried as he ran towards his older sister.

Grace smirked, "That's what you think!" Dante came at Grace, swinging his wooden sword at her but she deflected his shot. The fight went on for a while until Grace knocked Dante's sword out of his hand and he fell to the ground.

Grace smirked as she pointed my sword at him. "You were saying?" she giggled. Dante rolled his eyes at his sister, "You only won because you're two years older and  taller that me."

Grace rolled her eyes, "I'm only three inches taller, it's not that much." "You're still taller!" Dante cried making Grace giggle.

"Dante, Grace! Dinner's ready!" their mother called from their house. Grace smiled as she gave Dante a hand up from the ground. "Race ya!" Dante cried as he sped off. "Hey! I wasn't even ready!" Grace giggled before she followed after her younger brother.

˜"*°•.•°*"˜

Dante and Grace were sitting down eating their dinner when the front door opened someone let out an angry groan as they came inside. "Gene is that you?" Maria called from the kitchen of the old, tattered house. "Yeah," came a reply as Gene walked into the kitchen.

Grace noticed a wound at the top of his right cheek, which was bleeding. Blood had dripped onto his armour and covered his hands. "Oh my Irene! Gene! What happened?!" Maria cried as she tried to wipe Gene's cheek with a cloth.

Gene put his hands on his mother's shoulders. "Mom, I'm fine, trust me," he assured her. She stopped for a second before shaking her head, "Gene Brosna, you are not okay! You're cheek is bleeding! If it wasn't for your father, you would not be head guard!" Maria cried as she pushed Gene onto an empty chair at the table.

"Mom-" Gene began. "No! You will let me clean this and patch it up!" Maria cried, cutting across him. There was silence before Gene sighed, "Fine." Maria turned around to the cabinet, her light blue hair flying everywhere as she opened cupboard after cupboard looking for band-aids.

Grace glared at Gene as she spooned a fork-full of mashed potatoes into her mouth. "What are you looking at?" He asked, glaring across the table at his younger sister. Grace smirked, "Oh, just that nasty slit on your cheek. It's such a pity that it's not on your chest, right over your heart."

"Grace Brosna!" Maria yelled at her daughter, turning around from the cabinet, with multiple band-aids in her hands. "You will apologise to your brother now!"

Grace glanced over at Gene who was smirking at her, waiting for an apology. "I'm still waiting," he said slyly. Grace looked back at her mother who raised a brow at her, telling her to apologise.

Grace smirked to herself before standing up and pushing her half-full plate of mashed potatoes, into the middle of the wooden table. "No," Grace said as she walked towards the stairs, hitting Gene on the back of his head on the way.

"Grace Anne Brosna! Get back here this instant!" Maria yelled as her daughter walked towards the stairs. Grace turned around to see Gene rubbing the back of his head and Dante with his mouth full of mashed potatoes, quietly watching the whole thing.

Grace smirked at her older brother before happily skipping up the stairs and into her old tattered room. It was a small room with purple walls and a single bed covered in a purple blanket. There was a window with a table underneath it and a dyed-purple, bearskin rug lay in the middle of the floor. As you can tell, Grace's favourite colour is purple.

Grace picked up her small, purple, leather bag, putting her wooden sword and a few other things in it. She opened the window, pulled a rope out from under her bed and lowered it down the opened window. Grace was about to climb out the window when there was a knock on her old, wooden bedroom door. She froze on the spot. If her mother found out she was sneaking out she would be in so much trouble.

The door slowly creaked open and a head covered in dark blue hair, peaked in. It was Dante. "Can I come in?" He asked. Grace let out a sigh of relief and nodded as he walked through the doorway, quietly closing the door behind him.

"What happened back there?" Dante asked his older sister, before noticing that his sister was holding her leather bag with her wooden sword poking out of the top of it. He also noticed the open window, and the rope hanging out.

Grace ignored her brother's original question and told him where she was going. "I'm going down to our hideout in the forest, are you coming?" she asked him. Dante eagerly nodded, before rushing into his room, grabbing his blue leather bag and filling it with a few things, including his leather sword.

The two quietly climbed down the rope and ran down the old street towards the forest, where they found their small hideout in in the tree's. No one knew about their hideout apart from the two siblings, it was their little secret. Dante and Grace often came down to the hideout, to get away from everyone else. Although they were siblings, Dante and Grace were best friends. They would tell each other everything, and do everything together. The two couldn't imagine life without each other.

Dante and Grace stayed down in their hideout until it started to get dark. They headed back to their house and snuck inside, climbing up the rope that had been left hanging out of the slightly open window. Grace lay in her bed and stared at the ceiling before her tired eyes began to close and she soon fell asleep.

_________________________________________________________

Hello lovely readers~ I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter!

This is a rewrite of my original fanfic; Grace's Story! I also accept fanart! You can email it to me or send it to me on Pintrest or Snapchat. If you email it to me, please send me a message over Wattpad letting me know because I don't normally look at my emails :)

Email: Bellafitz1807agmail.com

Pintrest: izzybella1807 (Izzy x)

Snapchat: izzyfitz2010

Anyways, that's all from me! I hope you all enjoyed and I'll see you in the next chapter!

Byeee!