𝐼𝐼.

"Ugh, why are you so annoying?" Gene groaned at his younger sister as the trio walked through the village. Maria had told Gene to bring his two younger siblings around the village to show them what he does as a guard. Gene wasn't that fond of his younger siblings, I mean, he quite like Dante but he couldn't stand Grace. Although both of them knew about the bad he had done to get the position Gene had, Grace knew everything and I mean everything. Grace knew every bad thing he has done and what he was really like.

"Gene give up the moaning and get on with the guarding," Grace said, rolling her eyes. Gene gave her an angry glare, "You don't tell me what to do." The two started bickering, Gene giving out about how annoying Grace was and Grace giving out about how much she hated him.

"Ahem," came a voice behind them. The three quickly turned around to see a girl with beautiful blonde hair and wearing a beautiful white dress with baby blue flowers. "Lady Melody," Gene said, bowing down to her. "Hello Gene," she said sweetly as she noticed Dante and Grace standing beside him.

"Oh my Irene, Gene, are these your siblings?" She asked. Gene looked down at us as Grace gave him a smirk. Gene knew that if he wanted to impress Melody, he would have to be nice to Grace and Dante, No matter how much he hated them. "Yep, these are my lovely brother and sister, Dante and Grace!" Gene replied, putting his arms over his two siblings' shoulders.

Grace looked up at Gene and raised an eyebrow. Although she wasn't that much shorter than him - she was just above his shoulder. "Don't ruin this for me, okay?" Gene muttered to Grace, under his breath. That's when Grace realised what he was up to. Grace realised that this was the girl he liked. This was the girl he never stopped talking about at home. 'This is going to be fun' Grace thought to herself, a smirk growing on her face.

"Yeah, Gene loves us, especially when he says I'm the most annoying little sister on earth," Grace smirked. Gene glared at Grace before kicking her on the back of the leg causing Grace wince in pain. Gene Laughed nervously as Melody raised an eyebrow. "Don't mind Grace, I'm only messing when I say that. Isn't that right Grace?" Gene asked gritting his teeth at his sister while ruffling her hair, trying to play it off.

Grace smirked at him before looking back at Melody, "Nope." Melody was quite confused at the whole problem and decided her was going to leave them to sort it out. "Okay... I'm going to leave you all alone so you can figure out this... disagreement. I'll see you around Gene," Melody said as she began to walk away.

When Melody was out of sight, Gene took his arm from around Grace's shoulder and pushed her to one side. "You really had to do that, didn't you?" He said angrily to me. Grace smirked, "Of course I did, I wasn't going to let you lie to the girl that you like, was I?" Gene's eyes widened, "WHAT?! How did you know?"

Grace rolled her eyes at him. "It's so obvious, you act differently around her," she explained, still smirking at her older brother. "Wait isn't that the Lord's daughter?" Dante asked, his gaze following Melody as she walked off.  "That's right," Grace smirked. "She is the Lord's daughter and Gene really thinks he has a chance with her? Definitely not when she finds out what Gene is really like." 

Dante and I giggled to ourselves when Gene growled at us. "Both of you just go home and tell Mom that I had to go to a guard meeting or something," he said as he stormed off. Grace rolled her eyes as she watched her older brother storm off, before she turned to Dante. 

"Sword fight?" Grace asked, Dante nodding in agreement. "Race ya to the meadow!" Dante cried before he raced off towards the meadows, Grace following close behind him.

_________________________________________________________

"Grace!" Dante cried as rushed into his older sister's room. Grace was sitting on her bed drawing in her sketchbook. She love drawing, it's what she does most of the time. She's also a pretty good artist but she doesn't draw anything in particular, just what comes to mind.

"Dante? Are you okay?" Grace asked, looking up from her sketchbook. "It's Gene, he's up to his schemes again," Dante said, rather panicked. "What's he up to this time?" Grace asked as she sat on the edge of her bed.

Dante took a deep breath, "You know how we found out that he has this power to manipulate memories? And how we found out that he is in love with the lord's daughter?" Grace nodded, gesturing for him to continue.

"Well, he figured out that the Lord's daughter doesn't love him back so he's planning on breaking into her room tonight and using his power to manipulate her memory, to make her think that she does like him," Dante explained.

Grace's eyes widened, she knew that Gene wasn't a good person but she didn't think he would do something on this level. "We have to tell someone!" she cried, leaving her sketchbook down and jumping off her bed. Dante nodded, "We need to tell the Lord." Grace nodded in agreement, before the two rushed out of the house and down the street to the Lord's house.

˜"*°•.•°*"˜

"Please, we need to speak to the lord! This is urgent!" Grace begged the guards who stood by the door, but they refused. They were about to give up when they heard a voice behind them. "Aren't you Gene's Brother and sister?"

The two turned around to see Lady Melody standing behind them with a warm smile. Dante and Grace nodded before Melody continued. "Are you okay? You both seem a little worried," Lady Melody asked them. Grace glanced at Dante before turning back to Melody

"We need to talk to the Lord, urgently," she explained. Melody raised an eyebrow, "Is everything okay?" Grace nodded, "We just need to speak to the Lord." Lady Melody nodded and gave the two a warm smile, "Follow me, then."

˜"*°•.•°*"˜

"Father, these two children have informed me that they urgently need to speak with you, have you go a moment for them?" Melody asked her father as we entered his house. The Lord raised an eyebrow, "Is everything okay?"  Melody shrugged, "I'm not sure, they just have told me that they need to speak with you."

The Lord nodded. "I shall take my leave now," Melody said as she left the room. There was silence for a moment before Dante spoke up. "Lord Havakus, our brother, Gene Brosna is planning on doing something really bad and needs to be stopped," he explained.

The Lord raised an eyebrow as Dante continued. "Gene has this power to manipulate memories, and he plans to use it on your daughter to make her love him just like he loves her." The Lord's eyes widened, "Thank you both for informing me of this. I shall have my guards find him right away."

Tears started to form in Dante's eyes, "What are you going to do to him?" The Lord noticed that Dante was quite upset before he sighed "I'm just going to talk to Gene and ask him to not mess with my daughter's memory," The Lord explained. "Don't worry, I will not hurt him."

Although the Lord's words seemed to stop Dante's tears, Grace knew that was not what was going to happen. She knew that they weren't just going to talk to him and ask him to not mess with Lady Melody's memory. It was going to be far greater than that.