Chapter Thirty-Five - A Rocket Return

As the smoke began to clear, Raido strained to make out the shape of the laughing man. To his surprise and horror, the figure became more distinct. The red hair and sinister smile were unmistakable, sending a jolt of recognition through Raido's mind. His thoughts flashed back to those caves, where he had been left for dead. It was the red-haired man who had stolen his Pokéballs and abandoned him in the darkness.

"You!" Raido finally managed to shout, his voice trembling with a mix of anger and fear. "Why are you here?"

The man's smile widened, his eyes gleaming with malice. "Did you really think you could just walk away with such a rare Pokémon as Tyrunt?" he sneered. "Tyrunt would get me a serious payday with the boss when he arrives."

Raido's heart pounded in his chest as the man continued, his tone dripping with arrogance. "Allow me to introduce myself properly. I am Marshall, one of the future executives of Team Rocket."

Elder Troy, still coughing from the lingering smoke, managed to voice his disbelief. "Team Rocket? But they were disbanded years ago!"

Marshall laughed, the sound cold and mocking. "Oh, we're coming back, old man. Bigger, stronger, and badder than ever. And my first act of service for when the Boss returns is to present him with a rare and powerful Tyrunt."

Raido's eyes narrowed in confusion. "Boss? What are you talking about? What do you mean 'when he returns'?"

Marshall's grin turned even more sinister. "Oh, you didn't know? There's a grand plan in motion to bring back one of the most infamous and malevolent criminals in history, to retake the helm and lead the newly reunited Team Rocket."

Raido's fists clenched tighter. "Who is this boss you're talking about? Tell me!"

Marshall shook his head, his expression taunting. "That's all you need to know, kid. Now, enough talk. That Tyrunt is mine!"

With that, he reached into the black bag at his feet and pulled out a large, menacing device. The assembled monks and trainers gasped in horror as they recognized the device for what it was: a high-tech Pokémon Snag Machine, used in the past to steal Pokémon from their trainers. It was clear that Marshall had nothing but evil intentions with a machine like that.

"You can't do this!" Raido yelled, his voice cracking with desperation. "Tyrunt is my friend!"

Marshall's eyes narrowed. "Your friend? How touching. But friends don't pay the bills, kid."

Raido's mind raced, trying to think of a way to stop Marshall. He looked at Tyrunt, who, despite being fatigued by the previous battle with Bellsprout, was growling fiercely, ready to defend itself. Nidoran chirped angrily, standing protectively by Raido's side.

Elder Troy stepped forward, his voice steady despite the chaos. "Marshall, you must leave this place at once. Your actions are dishonourable and will not be tolerated here."

Marshall sneered, lifting the device threateningly. "You're in no position to make demands, old man. This is happening, whether you like it or not."

Raido's heart sank as he realised the gravity of the situation. He had to protect Tyrunt, no matter what. "Tyrunt, Nidoran, we won't let him take you!" he shouted, trying to rally his Pokémon.

Marshall laughed again, the sound echoing ominously. "You really think you can stop me, kid? I've taken down stronger trainers than you."

Raido's eyes burned with determination. "I don't care how strong you are. I won't let you take Tyrunt!"

Marshall raised the device, pointing it directly at Tyrunt. "Say goodbye to your precious Pokémon, kid."

Raido's mind raced, searching for a way to protect his Pokémon. The elder's eyes met his, filled with a mixture of concern and encouragement. "Believe in your bond with your Pokémon, Raido. That bond is stronger than any device."

Raido nodded, his resolve hardening. "Tyrunt, Nidoran, get ready!" he shouted, preparing for the worst.

Marshall's device hummed ominously as he aimed it at Tyrunt. With a malicious grin, he pressed the trigger, firing a black Pokéball crackling with purplish electricity straight toward Tyrunt. Raido's eyes widened in horror as he watched the projectile hurtle through the air. Tyrunt winced, helpless and awaiting its fate.

"No!" Raido shouted, but he felt powerless to stop it.

Just as the sinister ball was about to ensnare Tyrunt, Nidoran sprang into action. With unbelievable speed, she leaped through the air, her powerful legs propelling her forward. In a blur of motion, she executed a perfectly timed Double Kick, her back legs striking the Snag Ball with incredible force. The ball veered off course, crashing against the wall with a sharp crack and splitting in half.

Marshall's eyes blazed with fury. "What?!"

Raido's heart soared with relief and pride. "Nidoran, you were amazing!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with gratitude. Nidoran, already back on the ground, turned to face Marshall, her stance defiant and protective. She let out a fierce growl, ready to defend her friend again.

Marshall's fury was palpable, his teeth gritted in rage. "You think you can stop me with a pathetic Pokémon like that?" he snarled. "Fine. If it's a fight you want, then it's a fight you'll get!"