#36

VIVIDHA'S POV

His yes echoed in my head. I didn't want to look at his face but my eyes couldn't look away. I was in shock would be a understatement of the year.
I was brought back to reality by a loud sound. Maa slapped Ved. There was utter silence in the room. Veer came and stood behind me and caressed my arm.

"Himmat kaise hui tumhari yeh sab karne ki Ved? Shaadi jaise pavitra bandhan ko paiso ke saath jodne ki?"

"Maa main--"

"Kyun kiya Ved?"

Papa spoke with a calm anger in his voice. Had Maa not slapped Ved, He would have done more than just slapping.

"Aap bankrupt the papa, Company ko paise ki jarurat thi. Mr Sahani ne jab offer di toh mujhe aur koi rasta dikhai nahi diya"

"You ruined a woman's life for money?! How could have you fallen so far?"

Papa raised his voice at Ved's hollow explaination

"I didn't mean to--"

He was about to finish his sentence when I turned my back and ran upstairs, not able to control any emotions anymore.

"Vividha!"

I heard him call out my name several times but I didn't turn back. I rushed into my room and locked the door. My back slided down the door as I sat down there, crying. Several questions arouse my mind. Several times I had the chance to leave and I didn't. Several times I should have understood his betrayal. Several times I should have seen he is a liar.
I have words to express what I am feeling. I wanna scream, yell, hit, cry, sleep...disapper

There was a knock on the door. The whole door shook from it. It felt desperate.

"Vividha!"

My back stopped the door from moving to much. It told Ved I was sitting there.

"Vividha!"

Another knock. He has nothing to say other than my name.

"Darwaja kholo"

He kept knocking. His voice less aggressive this time. I sobbed

"Jaao waha se!"

I couldn't raise my voice due to my sobs but I managed somehow

"Pls Vividha..mujhe pata hai tum darwaje ke pass baithi ho"

His voice felt closer. He sat down on the floor like me on other side of the door.

"Tumhe hi toh sab pata tha na Ved...mujhe toh kuch pata hi nahi tha"

I couldn't actually complete last words between my sobs

"Vivi--"

"Jao yaha se Ved"

"Darwaja khologi nahi toh nahi jaunga"

No way in hell. I could feel his presence at the door. I had no energy to walk to the bed. I had cried so much that I fell asleep there.

Next Morning.
I woke up near the door. I looked around and I had almost forgotten the hell unfolded last night. I checked my phone, Veer's 7 missed calls and messages.
Between the whole how are you content, One caught my attention
'I told him not to hurt you. I am sorry he did.'
My eyes widened. He knew? Veer knew? I felt another stroke of betrayal in the last 10 hours. I treated him like a brother. Kept his secret. Supported him always. And now I learn he knew his brother was cheating me, lying to me!

I checked other office messages to feel a bit better. I find a message whose timing told it was sent during the party from Ved. It told all the employees to join the office early, at 9am today so that we can bring my take over into function. It was almost 8am right now. I don't know how i woke up so early.

Why did he give me the company?
I thought as I got brushed. I won't say I freshen up because that would be the biggest lie of the century. I wore olive green high waist trousers, white shirt and olive green coat over it. Hair let down. I did make up to cover my swollen eyes.  Grabbed my brief case. Looked at myself in the mirror.

"They betrayed you. Its their time to pay Vividha. Don't hold back. Don't break"

Affirming this in the mirror, I opened the door to my room and as soon as I opened the door, Ved fell on the ground

"Aauugh!"

He made a sound of pain. I gasped, I was going to bend down and help him but I stopped myself. Turns out he slept here. He looked up at me, and quickly got up.

"Vividha--"

"Today is my first day as CEO of my company. I need to be on time therefore I'm leaving"

He took a pause

"I'm coming with you"

"Why would you be there? You are no more the CEO"

"I am the deputy CEO now. I at your previous post, I work under you"

He spoke him a professional tone. For someone who does not know him, would have thought he forgot abt our fight but I know him so I know that when its about work....He doesn't care about the world.
But do I even know him?
What is weird about him being a deputy CEO is that thats a de-promotion....Why would anyone do that?

"I'm getting late so I am leaving"

I walked past him but he hurriedly held my bag, He wanted to hold my hand but I was too fast for him to process.

"Just wait for 10 mins, We'll go...together. please"

His eyes hinting he hadn't forgotten our fight. I turned back but before I could reply, Veer stepped between us unexpectedly. We both looked at him with quite a confused expressions. He literally pick up Ved's hand from my bag and separated him from near me by actually pushing him back. We never saw this coming

"Veer! Kya kar raha hai?"

Ved exclaimed

"Jo bohot pehle karna chahiye tha. Keep you away from Bhabz"

His voice stern, Angry infact.

"I warned you in the hospital when Bhabz was sick, do not hurt her..."

Ved seemed shocked at Veer's behavior

"You brothers are light holders of hypocrisy"

Both of them looked at me as I scoffed

"I treated you like younger brother Veer, You could have told me"

"Bhabz--"

"I appreciate the chivalry Veer"

I gestured between Ved and Veer.

"But you are just as pathetic as he is"

I said with a calm angry voice as I turned to walk away, Veer dared to hold my hand and stop me

"Bhabz--"

I turned at him in a second and slapped him. Veer kept looking down from the impact of my slap. Ved froze at his spot as I looked into eyes. Knowing he could be next.

"Shame on you Veer."

I finally walked away and went to office on my own.
.

Sorry for late update
Dont expect a soon one too though next time unless you commenttttttt!