CHAPTER 5: City Light

Mikha's POV

They were introducing our new friends to my parents' when I heard my mom say

"And she is?" My mom asked us while looking at Aiah from head to toe.

Does Aiah catch my mom's attention? She's not like this when we introduce our new friends.

"She's Maraiah, mom. But you can call her Aiah" I said, looking at my mom as if I were telling her to stop looking at Aiah like that.

"Hello po, good morning po" Aiah said while smiling a little and looking at me. I can tell she's nervous.

"Good morning too, hija. Call me Tita" my mom said, smiling at Aiah and her friends.

Now we're running late for our first class because they accompanied me to do the stuff I was told to do, but I guess the dean's excused us from being late to our teacher.

I knocked at the door, and "Sorry, we're late," I said calmly, looking at Ms. Castro looking at us.

"You may go to your seats," Ms. Castro said, and we all rushed to our seats.

After 3 classes, we got dismissed by our teachers because it's time for the application for academic clubs like subject-area clubs, hobby clubs, etc.

We all went to subject-area clubs to apply for music clubs and dance clubs. After joining the two clubs, Jhoanna decided to go to the broadcasting club, while Aiah and Gwen decided to go to the film and photography club, while me and the remaining girls went to the video game club because we love to play, like me as a codm player, Colet and Maloi as ML players, Stacey as a GTA player, and Sheena because she wanted to go with me and Colet.

After joining the club, Sheena asked us some questions about Gwen, and I told them I would go to the Student Government Club to check on applications for SSG positions. Colet decided to accompany me to the Student Government Club and told them to go to our spot at the cafe first.

When we finished arranging the papers of the candidates, I placed them in my bag and said, "Let's go to the cafe, Col. I'm tired."

We saw Aiah at the corner of the school gymnasium crying her heart out, and I was worried. Is she okay?

"Lapitan mo na, halata namang gusto mo'ng lapitan" Colet said, looking at me and Aiah.

"Nah" I said, serious, trying to hide my worries towards Aiah.

I approached a student and said, "Hey, can you give it to that girl?" and gave her my white handkerchief.

"Sure po" the student said, and went to Aiah to give my handkerchief.

"Baliw ka ba? Bakit inutos mo? You like her, don't you? Colet said, hitting my head.

"The héck col, what are you talking about?" I said and acted like I didn't know what she was saying.

"You can't fool me, mikhs. nakikita ko kung paano ka tumingin kay Aiah. You even gave her my milk!" Colet said, looking at me like she's really serious.

"Besides, you won't bother to call a student to give your handkerchief to a friend, Mikha" Collet said, pushing me towards Aiah's way. and walk her way to the cafe.

I composed myself and approached her. "Hey, are you okay?" I said as I sat beside her.

"Hey Mikha, yes, of course I'm okay" Aiah said while trying to wipe her tears.

"Hey, it's okay. It's fine" I said, holding her hands.

"If you're not comfortable opening up, I totally understand. But I want you to know that when you're with me, you don't have to act strong" I added while caressing her back.

"Thank you, Mikha. It's just that I don't think what I'm doing is enough. What if I fail? What if I don't make it?" Aiah said, overthinking what could happen in the future and crying her heart out.

I hugged her and said, "It's okay, everything will be fine. You're doing well with everything. I'm proud of you, Aiah." letting her cry on my neck while caressing her back.

After awhile, I thought of something that could make her feel better, so I wiped her tears and said, "Come with me. I'll show you something." I held her hand and walked my way to the parking lot to get my car.

"You'll see. rest for now, Aiah" I said, focusing my eyes on the road.

After driving for 30 minutes, we have arrived here at my go-to spot with a breath-taking city light view. I looked at her and said, "Pretty." I was shocked when I said that but smiled after.

"Aiah, wake up. We're here," I said while tapping her shoulders, trying to wake her up.

"Mhmm, where ar- Oh my gosh!" She said in a sleepy tone, but she didn't finish what she was about to say when she saw the city light and got shocked.

"It's so nice here, Mikha" Aiah said, and she smiled at me. Smile that can melt thousands of ices inside me.

"I thought you'd be able to relax and think if I brought you here" I said while scratching the back of my head.

"This is more than enough, Mikha. Thank you so much! This means a lot to me" Aiah said, hugging me.

We played music and watched the city lights and the stars the whole night while talking about life. We decided to go home when the sun set, and I arrived at the house around 6 a.m. I walked inside the house and went up to my room when my phone got a call. I knew it was her, so I hurriedly picked it up and answered the phone.

"Hey, I just got home" I said in a happy tone.

"Told you to update me. By the way, thank you for last night. I appreciate you, mikhs." Aiah said with her natural angelic voice.

"No problem. I'm always here for you, Aiah, at all times" I said, assuring her that she's got someone who'll listen and understand her.

"Thank you, mikhs. I should prepare for school now that it's getting late" Aiah said, panicking.

"Yeah, me too. See you at school, Aiah" I said, looking at her on the screen.

"See you" she said, smiling before ending the call.

*******
Next chapter will be up at 10pm later, sorry for late update, will make up for it!