CHAPTER 11: earbuds

Aiah's POV

Our group recitation started awhile ago, and now we're on the second question. Mikha stole the answer because Troy answered only the explanation part. Now I'm looking while listening to Mikha because she's really smart and every answer that comes out of her mouth is very detailed. I'm proud of her. I went back to reality when Ma'am Salvador clapped.

"For the third question, I want you to define homeostasis." I pressed our group buzzer because I knew the answer, but to my surprise, me and Mikha pressed our buzzer at the same time.

"She can answer the question, Ms." Mikha said while looking at me.

"Are you sure, Ms. Lim?" Ms. Salvador asked Mikha, and Mikha just nodded.

"Ms. Arceta, answer" Ms. Salvador said when she got the response from Mikha.

"Homeostasis is the term used to describe maintaining a stable internal environment. In other words, think about how our bodies maintain a constant body temperature or how blood sugar levels are consistent. If homeostasis is disrupted and we spike a fever, it's an indication that something is threatening life. The same holds true with blood sugar. When it gets too high or too low, homeostasis is disrupted, and unfortunately, this can be deadly. Therefore, maintaining homeostasis is a vital characteristic of life" I said, explaining and giving the definition of homeostasis. I looked at Mikha, who's now smiling at me like she's proud of me for getting the answer right, so I mouthed her "thank you," and she gave me the thumbs up as her approval.

"Perfect, Arceta!" Ms. Salvador said while clapping her hands. I looked at Mikha's position, and she's clapping while smiling at me. I admit I'm motivated by her smile.

"How about you, Ms. Lim? How will you define homeostasis?" she asked Mikha.

"Uhm, homeostasis is when a parameter can achieve a relatively stable state through a system of feedback" Mikha said.

"Also, homeostasis comes from the words Homeo'' meaning similar, while ''stasis'' means stable. Homeostasis in its most basic form means ''standing still,'' meaning that the body is attempting to remain within a set of parameters that are relatively unchanging over time" she added.

"Very good, Ms. Lim" Ms. Salvador said, clapping her hands.

After awhile, our recitation ended, and Ma'am Salvador is now computing our grades for the recitation. Ms. Salvador made us define and debate something about what she discussed for the past 5 months.

"Settle down, everyone! I'll announce your group assessment" Ms. Salvador said, so we sat on our chairs to settle down.

"Most points for today's group recitation are group A-1 and group A-2 tied in a score of 20 correct answers equivalent to 100 points" Ms. Salvador said, announcing who had the most points, which made all of us clap.

"The most correct answers are from Ms. Lim and Ms. Arceta!" She added, so our whole section clapped for us and someone screamed, "Our ship is both academic achievers" which made our friends laugh and tease us.

"That's all for today. Goodbye 12-A" Ms. Salvador said, leaving our room.

Now we're on our way to the cafe to celebrate because we aced the graded recitation. When we arrived, the girls rushed to their respective seats while me and Mikha remained at our walking pace.

"Tagal mag lakad ng dalawang to" Colet said, looking at us teasingly.

"Ikaw talaga cole inaano mo sila, low-key nga lang daw muna" jho said, teasing us.

"You guys run like someone will steal your chairs beside each other. I'm not like that. Are you?" Mikha said and asked me.

"Definitely not, sa buzzer lang ako nakikipag unahan" I said and laughed, which made the girls laugh too.

"Competitive, ang ate ko" Maloi said while laughing.

"Iniba nyo lang yung usapan ate Aiah at mikhs, order na tayo im hungry na" Sheena said, teasing us and pouting because she's already hungry.

"Tara, let's order na bebe. What do you want to eat today?" Gwen said, handing Sheena the menu.

"Tam-es" Stacey said, which made all of us laugh.

Since we got out of the room, Mikha and I have been sharing my earpods. The left earbuds are on her left ear, while the right earbuds are on my right ear. We're now listening to Aphrodite by The Ridley's. I love this song. that's one of the reasons why I decided to play it. I want Mikha to hear this beautiful song.

"Ate aiah pahiram isang earbuds, isa lang naman gamit mo" Jho said, getting my case, but when she opened it, it was empty.

"Huh? Bakit wala, asan yung isa ate Aiah?" Jho asked me confusedly while handing me the case.

"I'm using it, Jho" I said while accepting my earpods case back.

"Wait right ear, yung suot mo diba?" Jho said, pointing at my ear, and I nodded.

"Left ear yung suot ni mikha!" Sheena pointed at Mikha's ear.

"HOY!" Maloi said, looking at my right ear and Mikha's left ear.

"OO NGA! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!" Maloi said and laughed.

"Kayo, ah, low-key" Gwen said, teasing us.

"I was bored, so I borrowed her earbuds, issue kayo" Mikha said, continuing to read the menu.

"Sus, sabi mo nga kanina samin mas matalino ka kay Salvatore" Colet said, teasing Mikha. Huh? Why does Mikha compare herself to Troy? Does she know about Troy wanting to court me? Gosh Colet!

"Because, I am just stating the facts" she said in her cold voice, so Colet and Maloi zipped their mouths.

"Boogsh tumba nanaman kay mikhs! Champion!" Sheena said and laughed so hard.

"Oo na she, what do you want to eat?" Mikha said, rolling her eyes.

"Fried Oreo" Sheena said, and Mikha wrote it down for our orders.

After awhile, we finished eating, so we decided to part ways because Sheena and Gwen will go to the mall, Maloi and Stacey are going home, and Colet and Jho are going to the Vergara's, while me and Mikha don't have a destination. What we know is that we want to watch the sunset together. So after we bid our good-bye's, Mikha started to drive, and I slept.

*****
HAPPY 700+ READS EVERYONE!! I MADE A PAGEEE FOR BOTH OF MY STORIES AND HOBBIES, PLEASEEEE FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK: LUVVASH DIGITALS🤙🏻🙆🏻‍♀️