Prologue- Escaping prison

Today was the day. Today Spencer was going to escape the maze.

As soon as she woke up she was ready to get out of the maze once and for all. Whilst the eggs were cooking in the pan she went around making sure all the animals had enough food and water to last them. Hopefully.

Then she did her daily exercise of two laps around the prison, near the walls, twenty push ups and fifteen pull ups on the wooden pole in the kitchen whilst waiting for the rest of her food to finish cooking.

Once the food was done she quickly sat down and ate the cooked ham and egg sandwich. After she grabbed her machete and daggers running over to the large doors that were beginning to open with a rumble.

"Todays the day." She reassured herself trying to maintain her confidence. "Today I am getting out of this awful prison once and for all."

The doors finally opened and the ground stopped rumbling, taking a deep breath she pulled out her machete and started making her way into the maze. Starting with a slow jog she soon started sprinting.

If she didn't want to be killed by the mutant scorpions then she had to be fast but also quiet. Everytime she has gotten close to an escape they have stopped her making her turn back around but not this time.

No. This time she was going to fight until she got out and if she died well at least she's getting out one way or the other.

About 20 minutes later she reached section 5, a place that was surrounded by even more walls but was a big section of space with a red 5 painted on each of them.

"It's awfully quiet.." Spencer muttered, peering round the corner and seeing no mutant scorpians anywhere.

Slowly she crept around the corner, her eyes darting around in case they came out of anywhere. She kept close to the walls creeping closer to the gap in the walls she had found the other day that came out of nowhere before setting off in a sprint again.

Again everything was quiet as she walked through the gap and onto the concrete bridge with nothing keeping her from falling off into the darkness below. Her machete stayed in front of her as she walked slowly but trying to get out as fast as she could.

Just when she thought she was in the clear she heard the familiar sound of grinding teeth and metal scraping against the walls. She spun around trying to see where it was coming from but there was no sign of it anywhere.

A metal leg gripped onto the side of the bridge emerging from the darkness below. Spencer's eyes widened and she held her machete up and backed away towards the wall that was blocking her from escaping.

The noises got louder as the mutant got even closer to getting up onto the bridge so she quickly turned around banging on the wall.

"Come on you stupid shit! Open up!" She yelled, banging harder on it.

"Password." A woman's voice spoke, making her jump backwards and a red circle appeared with eight numbers around it.

"Password? What password?" Spencer muttered as she turned around to face the mutant that had now made its way onto the bridge.

A loud piercing screech erupted from it and it began charging at her, she kept her machete out aimed at it and once it got close enough she sliced towards its head.

In retaliation it swung its leg towards her making her jump back but it just managed to scrape her leg causing blood to appear. She swung her machete at it again, managing to stab it in the eye and it screamed out in pain.

"Password." The female voice spoke again but louder.

"Yeah I'm trying!" Spencer shouted.

As she tried to pull the machete back out its eye it screamed more and lifted her up as she held onto the machete before flinging her away from the wall. The machete came out of its eyes and slid across the bridge as Spencer skidded past it and off the bridge grazing her waist and arm.