Comforting Flowers

One year on the run, two jedi, one duchess. Just a quick one-shot.

She had been in a bad mood for days. After leaving that city in such bad conditions, she couldn't help but think of all the things she could have done to make the citizens' lives a little less pathetic.

But they had to run again after she was recognized by the locals.

And the rainy weather certainly didn't help her miserableness.

After four days, the rain seemed to finally stop and she went out for a walk, but it didn't make her feel much better. She returned to the ship and sat down on the ramp, her knees pulled to her chest.

He wanted to help her so desperately, but everything he tried, failed, so he gave up after the tenth intention to make her happy.

But now, at least the sun started to shine after all those days they spent in the ship, in the dark. And maybe... Yes, it is worth a try.

She was lost in her mind amongst her self ruining thoughts, her eyes fixed on the ramp right in front of her.

Then suddenly a bouquet of flowers covered the great sight of the metal.

She looked up, surprised.

He was standing next to her, holding the flowers with desperate hope in his eyes. She probably got so lost in her head that she didn't even hear him coming. It was clear from his posture that he was embarrassed and didn't know what to do, so he just held out his hand and waited for her reaction.

A ray of light shone through her dark thoughts as she gazed down at the plants that were still wet from the rain.

She looked up at him again, then slowly took out the bouquet from his hands, then patted the metal next to her.

A smile appeared on his face as he sat down beside her.

Her fingers traced down the petals of the flowers and she carefully leaned in to smell them. The rain took away almost all their scent, but there was a slight of it left.

And her lips curved into a smile.

His eyes were scanning through her face, searching for emotions, and as he noticed the smile, he let out a sigh of relief.

She glanced at him.

“They are beautiful. Thank you,” she said quietly, then after a little hesitation, she gave him kiss on the cheek.

His face flushed and his lips parted in amazement. He rubbed his neck.

“I mean... You're welcome. You're very welcome,” he stuttered.

She smiled again, but this time with more gladness. He was so adorable.

And these flowers will do as a great decoration to her anyways empty and boring room.