"... And Music Fills The Night"

It was a long day full of work to set up a proper place to stay at for the next week.

Satine exhaustedly sighed as she finally sat down, her back against a tree. She watched the forest slowly going quiet as the darkness took over the light.

“On a scale of 10, how tired are you?” Obi-Wan sat down next to her, wiping his hands in his pants, smiling.

“11?” She chuckled, moving a bit to the side to give him space.

“Oh no, that bad?” He asked, faking a concerned look.

“Yeah, I'm about to pass out,” she sighed dramatically, closing her eyes.

“Manual work was too much of a challenge to the great duchess of Mandalore. May she rest in peace,” the jedi sadly shook his head.

She gently elbowed him, rolling her eyes.

They sat in silence for a couple moments when he suddenly turned to her.

“You know what I love doing when I'm tired?”

“What?” she asked curiously.

“Listening to music.” He paused as he saw her expression fading. “You don't like music?...”

She shook her head. “It's not that I dislike it, but other than the ritualist songs and chanting my clan used to sing and do, I never really had the chance to discover other genres of music. And, it's not usually something to listen to when you're tired.”

“Oh.” He remained quiet for a bit. “And how do you like that kind of music?”

“Well, I actually am fond of it. Probably because it means family,” she smiled a bit sadly. “When tens or even hundreds of people of the same clan are singing the same anthem, well... It sends shivers down your spine. The chanting can be scary at times, but when you know what it's really about, it starts to make you feel safe.” She finished, looking up at the sky.

His gaze traced down her face. Even though it glimmered with sweat, she was still beautiful. And he loved when she told him about her life before the war, it made him feel important, knowing that she trusted him.

“It sounds wonderful,” he said gently.

She turned her head, a grateful smile widening on her face.

“Once we're back to the palace, I will show you how it is.”

“I would absolutely love it.”

Their eyes stayed in contact just a bit longer than normal.

Then she quickly cleared her throat and asked, “What type of music do you like? You surely know more genres than me.”

He tried to hide the disappointment of having to break the eye contact.

“I've surely heard a lot of different types of music, but... My favourite is still the instrumental, classical music, mostly the type that humans write. It's just so, so beautiful, and I can dream and wander away from the problems of the world. It takes me to another galaxy. The way it can be soft, hard, quiet, raging, loud, whispery... Oh, you don't know what you have been missing out on. Now I really, really want to take you to a concert,” he smiled at her.

Listening to his soothing, low voice was like remedy to her tired body. She could have listened to it all day. And she was glad that it was already dark, because his sweet smile, and rather the thought of him taking her to a concert made her blush.

“Well... I'd be more than happy if you took me to one.” She returned the smile.

Yet another reason to wait for the end of the war.