1: Every once a while, they had been nice.

1: Every once a while they had been nice.

First day of interrogation.
6:30 pm. 24 hours after the murder.

         "Every once a while, they had been nice," said Adah, tears pricking her large brown eyes, she adjusted in her seat as the police officer who had smiled to her all her life stood across her with the look if disgust he had give a criminal.

"Is that why you killed them?! " he boomed.

"No! " Adah denied, shaking her head in vigorous movements.

" then how did they die! "

" I have things to say before that, " she insisted.

"Let her speak, " The female officer in the room interjected, looking at her husband with pleading eyes, " she is just a kid, " she added.

" eighteen is not an age for a kid, she is an adult, this Is a murder case and she did it, " he insisted.

"Let her speak, please, " she held his hand on the table, the man sighed, rubbing his calloused palm on his face.

"Alright, I give you five minutes to spill all the rubbish you have to say then I will get the truth out of you, "

Adah nodded, a smile almost making it's way out of the beautiful girl, " T-they had been nice, we went for picnics, we went to amusement parks, we went to events.

"To the public, we were the perfect family,  but they don't know how twisted those people were, they were two crazy humans who would stop at nothing to ruin the life of those around them, " she sniffled.

"I had no idea too, until they had Ayah, my little sister,  they couldn't handle it so they left her for me, they had drank, used drugs, had sex right in front of me while I took care if their one month old child, I was beaten and burned every time she cried, I was pushed to the edge of killing myself but I didn't,  because Ayah needed me, "

She looked at the man, " but I didn't kill them, they lived happily and blissfully, they were rich and popular, everyone respected the Adeyemo's no one know of their dark and twisted side except Ayah and I, "

Femi went quiet, his eyes looking straight at the tiny girl's tearful eyes, he had no prejudice against her, however his work as a police officer was what he took seriously, no one was to be trusted, no criminal was to be trusted.

"Let's take a break, we will continue later, " he commanded and walked out, Amara remained in the interrogation room, her eyes coated in worry for the poor girl.

" you must have been through a lot, " she stated. " I am sorry, "

Adah said nothing.

Amara exited the interrogation room, she headed to her husbands seat to speak to him, however he was no where to be found, she sighed once she realized where he must have gone to.

Femi weaved through the bloody crime scene in search of value to the investigation at hand, he refused to believe the little girls words, the Adeyemo's couldn't have been like she said,  they were his benefactor.

They helped him out when his wife had been sick! The were nice people, how could they?  No!  They couldn't be such horrible people.

He searched the rooms, everywhere and every single place he could in the house yet he found noting.

He was about to exit the house when his eyes caught something, a little opening in the cielling of the hallway that connected the rooms.

"What is that? " he wondered, stretching his built arms to reach the opening, when he could do so easily, he looked around in search of anything that could open the opening.

Soon, he found a remote control in the living room, one that was obviously for the opening, once he pressed it, a stair case erupted from the cielling, down to the silent hallway, Femi marveled at the sight before him.

The stair was a stark contrast to any he knew, it was obvious it led to a secret place in the house yet he found himself confused as the stair case was adored with butterfly lights, it was beautiful to look out.

After releasing a shallow breath, he made his was into an opening through the stair case, once he found the room it led to, his jaw dropped and disappointment washed through him.

The room had s store, more than one store, there was a bed, one he was sure belonged to Adah, handcuffs and chains were connected to the wall and the bed, in four places like it was meant to hold a person to the wall, he walked further into the room.

Cloths had been scattered in a part of the sinful room.

He opened the store rooms one after the other and the things he saw, oh how he hated the Adeyemo's how he hated himself for refusing to believe in the truth.

They stored drugs, Cocaine, Marijuana, opium, weed, every kind of drugs you name it.

He had no idea he had began to cry until his tear drop fell to the floor, closing his eyes, Femi exhaled and took out his phone.

Soon, the room was crowded with people, forensics, other police officers as they confiscated the drugs and took cameras and evidences.

He had no idea what had happened in the room, however one thing was certain to him, they had been killed by Adah and he was going to get the truth out of her.

" let's return to the station, that girl has a lot of explaining to do, " he commanded.

Femi still had doubts, he was the closest to the Adeyemo's in that small town, they had been like family to him,he knew a lot about them, he was their friend who spent every Tuesday night at their place.

They had joked, they had have fun, both he, his wife, his children, them and their children, there was no way he wouldn't know if they were such people like the little girl said, he still didn't want to believe that the adopted daughter of the Adeyemo's had spoken the truth.

The next day sun was out by the time they returned to the station, he barged into the interrogation room and bellowed. " I want answers. NOW,"

From his reaction, Adah was certain he didn't believe her because as she said.

Once in a while, they had been nice.

~P-Lia~.