5:Every once in a while, the truth reveals itself.

5: Every once in a while, the truth reveals itself.

    "Every once in a while, the truth reveals itself, I will tell all of you the truth, the secret of the Adeyemo couple's death, the secret of Every once a murder that no one ever finds out about," Adah smiled, seeing  her children's listening faces.

" Was it Adah that really did it?" The youngest one asked, blinking her doe eyes that looked just like her mother's.

" No Dora,"

" Then was it Daniel," the quiet one asked

" No Tora, it wasn't Daniel,"

" Then who could it be? Those two are the only suspects," Lora, the oldest asked.

Adah chuckled," why don't you guess, you are the one who wants to be a detective like your father and remember, the least obvious ones are the culprits,"

Lora frowned, " I don't - Wait!" She snapped her fingers, I think I know.

" Who is it," Tora asked, inching closer to his elder sister, his notebook and pen in his hands as he situated it to write down his sister's words.

Adah ruffled the 16years old's head, " you act much like a kid for your age,"

" Mom!" He whinned, readjusting his sleek back retorched hair.

" Was it Ayah?" Lora asked, a frown edged on her face," but it can't be her,"

" It was," Adah whispered. " Every once a Murder, the least obvious ones are the culprits and Every once a Murder, the culprit goes Scot-free,"

She adjusted in her seat," Ayah killed them when they least expected, then she called Adah and Adah called Daniel for help, Adah didn't want her sister to go to jail so, you know the rest of the story," Adah chirped.

The kids nodded all together, " I feel bad for Adah and Ayah," Dora pouted.

" Yeah, I still can't believe those kinds f
Of people exist in this world, twisted and evil," Lora added.

" That's why I told you this story, so you know how to guide yourselves,how not to fall into the hands of evil men and most of all, pray, Pray to God that he guide you and protect you.

" All of this started when Drusillia chose the wrong Man as a companion, she ruined the life of her's and her daughter,"

" I will be careful Mom, I will," Lora finally understood why her Mum had been so overprotective of her all along, she was only trying to protect her from the evils of the world.

" When you get to the campus, be careful what type of man you speak to or even approach, if a man you don't know approaches you, stay away from him and defend yourself if you need to, that's why I forced you to learn self defense since 7"

"Thank you Mum, I love you,"

" I love you too," Tora's dramatic voice rang out in the room, Dora pushed him off the bed.

" You are too dramatic, Hugh, my ear drums are irritated because of you, the 17 years old mumured, glaring at her twin in anger.

" What? I just wanted to be part of the group, you and Mom team up all the time and Dad is rarely home," he pouted.

Adah shook her head, "it's time for bed kids, your sister has a long way ahead of her Tommorow don't disturb her with your bickering"

" Yes Mom,"

" Good night Mom,"

" I love you Mum," Tora grunted.

Chuckling, Adah returned to her and her husband's room, her face lit up in a grin, they had both waited 5 years before they had gotten married.

18 years had passed since then,Yet they still loved each other like they did years ago.

The next day came in a flash, Adah had tears in her eyes as she said her goodbye to her eldest daughter at the campus.

" She will be fine," Daniel assured, hugging his wife closer to himself.

" I hope so, "

" If you are so worried, why don't you go home and pray like you always do or we could do something else," he winked .

"Daniel!" Adah exclaimed, hitting his chest, a blush on her face.

" What? I only spoke the truth," he teased.

Adah clicked her tongue," Tora takes after you in annoyance, no wander why he would always follow you around when he was a kid,"

" Of course he does, he is my son afterall, if he doesn't take after me who will he take after, you?"

" He could, Dora takes after Mom, Lora takes after you, who will take after me?" She pouted.

Daniel bursted Into a full throaty laugh, " you are the funniest my love, you could come with me so I can fill you with my seed, it will take after you,"

" You are a bad bad man," Adah gave him her hardest glare and marched to the car, Daniel trailed after her with a chuckle, he was happy she was still by his side, the past years had been tough, especially the first few years if their marriage.

She was still affected by her past, she was so broken by it, he was glad she had put the past behind her and embraced the Future.

"Hurry up," she yelled at him from inside the car.

" I am coming love," he yelled back, quickening his pace.

Once they returned home, they met Ayah by the door, her one year old baby in her arm, " hello sister, "

" Ayah!" Adah exclaimed, running to hug her little sister that she had not seen in five years.

" Where have you been?" Adah chided.

" Paying for my crimes," Ayah replied, a wide grin on her face.

" Have you paid enough now?"

" Hm hm, thank you Adah," she sobbed, clutching her sisters dress.

" Let's go in," Daniel interjected.

They helped her move in her things, Once Ayah settled in, she told them her story over dinner.

" Once in a while, life can be hard as well, but once you are through those trials, those hard times, those suicidal thoughts, life will be better, you will get over it, those were the words my sister once said to me and I would want all of you to know today.

" This, is the story of my sister Adah and I, we had been through so much from the hands of my parents yet here we are, living our lives all together, I know life can be hard at the moment, but I want you to know that no matter what life throws at you, better times are still coming.

" Better things will still happen, I killed my parents and I paid for it, I did. No one believes this but karma does exist.

" Even after everything they did to me, killing them shouldn't have been an option, yet I killed them.

"Though I paid for my crime in an entirely different way, I was glad I made the killing.

" I have no idea if this disqualifies me from getting to heaven though I think otherwise, God is not biased and I will keep praying for forgiveness for my sins all my life.

" The point is that I helped my sister get the joy she deserves.

" Every once in a while, life brings you joy after the trials,"

" Thank you for journeying with me through every aspect of 'EVERY ONCE A MURDER'

Your kindness is deeply appreciated.

Thank you.

THE BEGINNING.

~P-Lia~.