- Twentieth -

When Taehyung finally returned from the toilets, and Jongsu arrived a few minutes later, everyone went to the table. Jungkook rushed to Taehyung's side, giving no-one the opportunity to steal his place next to the man.

"This meal is really good!" Namjoon remarked enthusiastically. "Hyeri, you're really incredible, now I know where Jinnie gets his talent from!"

This compliment drew a smile from the woman.

"Oh Namjoonie, you're the first person to compliment me on my cooking!" she said playfully. "I've been married to that idiot for over thirty years, and I can't remember the last time he paid me a compliment!"

Namjoon shook his head and laughed, while Jungyung, Mr Jeon, looked both outraged and slightly worried (because deep down he knew she was right).

"It's a shame!" Namjoon continued. "As for me, I'm so bad when it comes to cooking that I can only bow down to such talent!"

"Ah, when it comes to bowing down, you know how to do that!" interjected Jin. "You know Mom, he's so scared that one day I'll stop cooking for him that he's almost worshipped me like a god!"

In an instant, Namjoon was as red as a poppy, while everyone at the table exploded with laughter. Even Jungkook, who until then hadn't been shy about showing his bad humour, couldn't contain himself at the sight of his brother and his husband. As for Taehyung, he refrained from rolling his eyes. Honestly, Namjoon knew that he had deeply disappointed their mother by marrying a man, so subconsciously he was probably looking for that maternal approval in Hyeri. Even if Namjoon didn't approve at all of the woman's behaviour towards her children, he refused to be a disappointment for Jin's parents.

"Maybe he's not a good cook," continued Mr Jeon, "but one thing's for sure, the two Kim brothers are formidable businessmen! I heard that you've signed another contract with a big American company!"

Taehyung felt Jungkook stiffen right next to him, and he suspected that the boy's bad mood had returned. It had to be said that Jungyung Jeon was excellent when it came to work, but he was useless at everything else. He was the kind of person devoid of the slightest interest, who had to make everything revolve around work in order to have something to say. So it was hardly surprising that he was pestering Jungkook to take an interest in Jdesign too, since he was the heir to the company. And Jungkook hated that.

"Yes, that's true." Taehyung replied. "You could say that business is going well lately. My father, Namjoon, and I are working hard on it."

Jungyung smiled at this remark and nodded contentedly.

"Ah, I wish my sons could learn from you two! Your father is so lucky! No matter how hard I try to teach them the basics of hard work, they just won't listen."

Jin rolled his eyes, looking away, while Jongsu just continued eating without saying anything. As for Jungkook, he could feel his anger rising. His father was unbearable. Because Jungkook wanted to do something with his life other than sit behind a desk and work all his life in a company he didn't give a damn about, he was , of course, a troublemaker who didn't take anything seriously. Jungkook took his studies very seriously, and had started saving money with summer jobs for his big project for the future, his biggest dream: opening his own art gallery. He was working very hard to make it happen, but his father wouldn't see or hear of it.

He wanted to reply, ready to get angry and shout at his father, but a hand on his thigh immediately dissuaded him. Taehyung grabbed the tender flesh of his leg and pressed it with his palm, drawing the teenager's attention to himself. Jungkook turned to him, looking into his eyes, and he knew from the look Taehyung was giving him that he'd better calm down. The man was silently ordering him to behave, and the authority he carried in a simple look was enough to dissuade Jungkook from disobeying.

After all, Jungkook was a good boy, only for Taehyung.

"Ahah, I guess we're all different. The world would be a boring place if we all had the same interests." Taehyung replied simply, before starting to eat again.

Jin, sensing something was wrong, reacted immediately and asked his mother about one of the parties she was organising. The woman, delighted to be asked about it, gave it her all, and the discussion about Jungkook's future was quickly forgotten.

***

When Taehyung finally got behind the wheel of his car, it was getting dark. He was alone, because Hyeri had asked Jungkook to spend the night at home, because she had guests the next day and wanted to introduce them to him. She had also insisted that the teenager couldn't sleep over at Taehyung's, as it was really inappropriate. And if you didn't know that the two of them were a couple (which was Hyeri's case), it was obvious that this situation was too strange. Taehyung and Jungkook had therefore been forced to accept, so as not to arouse suspicion.

Just as the man was about to drive off, he received a message, which intrigued him. He reached for his mobile and frowned even more when he saw that it was a message from his mother. The two of them weren't exactly close, Taehyung having always been much more involved with his father. So for the two of them to exchange messages was really rare.

"Hi darling, I know this is rather sudden, but do you think you could come by the house tonight?"

This message was clearly suspicious, Taehyung was well aware of that. But could he really refuse? No, because he'd already turned down other offers from his mother. He hadn't seen her for over a month now, and it was starting to look suspicious.

"OK, I'll be there in twenty minutes."

He put his phone back down with a sigh and drove off. He was already in a bad mood because Jungkook wasn't sleeping with him tonight, but paying his mother a surprise visit wasn't on the agenda at all. He was already tired.

He arrived about twenty minutes later, parking his car in front of the Kims' large villa. His father's car was there, but another car, which he didn't know, was parked next to his. This only added to the young man's confusion.

"Mom?!" he exclaimed, closing the front door behind him.

"In the living room!"

Taehyung went there immediately, but stopped dead in his tracks when he saw that in addition to his parents, a third person was sitting next to them. It was a young woman, about his age, with long ebony hair and porcelain skin. She was beautiful, and when her eyes met Taehyung's, a huge smile spread across her lips. Her smile was beautiful too.

"Ah, Taehyung, there you are." his mother exclaimed happily.

"Mom... Can you explain?" asked the young man, in an almost accusatory tone.

However, the woman didn't seem to notice.

"Yes! I've been wanting to introduce you for ages! This is Seo Haneul, the daughter of the S&Co CEO. Isn't she beautiful? And she's so nice and well-behaved."

She paused for a moment and turned to Haneul, exchanging a knowing glance.

"And like you, she's single!"

~🍁~

Can you sense the problems?🤭 Hope you liked this chapter!

See you soon 💕