~01~

Spencer was sitting in a room that had a one way mirror and a table with two chairs either side. There was a man sitting on the chair opposite her that over her stay of over a week she had learnt to be named Charles.

"So you were in the maze all by yourself?" Charles asked.

"Yes." Spencer muttered.

One thing Spencer had found out was just how much she liked being on her own, three years of being on her own in a maze and she had now figured that she really didn't like socialising with others.

"And you were there for three years?"

"Yes."

"And you escaped on your own?"

"Yes." She muttered again. Everyday she was brought into these rooms to be questioned and everyday she gave the exact same answers.

"Alright, you may go." Charles stood up and opened the door letting her out.

As she was walking out there was a tall boy with Janson, the boy immediately noticed her and sent her a small, almost childish smile. Janson guided him inside as Spencer walked away with the guard that had been waiting outside the room to walk her to the canteen.

The boy disappeared into the room with Janson behind him, shutting the door as soon as he went into the room.

After walking down the hallway they reached the canteen door and the guard pulled out a card scanning it. "Try and make some friends today, yeah?" The guard's voice was soft and offered a small smile to which she didn't return.

"No thanks." She replied whilst walking inside and straight away she was surrounded by the loud chatter or the teens with their friends.

Not long after she had escaped she found out she wasn't the only maze but she was the only one to be on her own in one.

Not wanting to grab any unwanted attention Spencer put her hood up on her sleeveless hoodie and kept her head down as she walked over to the back of the canteen. Aris, another boy that was in a maze with a bunch of girls but they had all left to go to the safe haven, was sitting near the end of the table.

He left her enough space to be comfortable but was still sitting next to her. When Aris first met Spencer he quickly realised that she wasn't one that liked to associate with others but that still didn't stop them from making a plan to get out of this place.

A few minutes after Spencer had sat down she saw the same boy from before enter into the canteen, his face contorted in shock once he saw the many teens around the canteen.

One of his friends ran up to him and dragged him to the table where his other friends where sitting with some other boys.

Thomas took a seat between Newt and Minho as the gladers were listening to another boy describe how they got out.

"There was a big loud explosion and these guys came out of nowhere and started shooting up the place. It was intense. They pulled us out the maze and into this place." The other boy next to him nodded as the boy spoke.

"What about the rest? The other people left in the maze. What happened to them?" Newt asked.

"I don't know. I guess Wicked still has them."

There was a moment of silence from the two boys and the gladers before Newt spoke again, "How long have you been here?"

"Not long, just a day or two. But that girl over there is Spencer and she's been here the longest." The boy pointed to Spencer who was picking at her food.

"People say she was in a maze all by herself." The other boy spoke.

"Really?" Newt asked and the boys nodded.