𝓍𝒾𝒾, flea bottom.

chapter twelve, flea bottom.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Alana stood in their chambers watching as Aegon searched for a cap to cover her hair

Alana stood in their chambers watching as Aegon searched for a cap to cover her hair. Aegon wore a dirty black tunic with brown trousers and boots, with a cloak hiding his silver hair. Alana wore the same loose clothing.

"Fuck..where is it." Aegon grumbled over his breath, looking beneath the bed. "There!" He reached and grabbed a dark brown cap.

Alana breathed a sigh of relief when he stood up and showed it to her, walking over to her. "Hold up your hair.."

Alana held up her hair above her head, Aegon stepped behind her putting the cap on her head along with her hair. "There." He muttered, before stepping away from her.

He walked over to her vanity and made sure his cloak hood hid his hair well enough. "Ready?" He looked back at her.

Alana nodded, before Aegon walked over towards a wall before pressing on the wall before it opens, revealing a narrow passageway. "Come on."

Alana nodded, glancing at herself in the mirror before following him into the passageway. Aegon closing the door, leaving a bit of light from the room.

Their footsteps echoed with every step they took, the air was cool and damp. "I never knew there were secret passageways around the Keep." Alana spoke, running her hand over the walls.

"There are many things around the Red Keep most people don't know." Aegon spoke, glancing back at her.

"Even the Guards don't know?" She looked at him, wiping the dust of the walls on her trousers.

"No, I mean maybe some." Aegon spoke, looking back ahead of him.

They both noticed a rat scurrying down the stairs "Ugh, I hate rats, and ratcatchers." Alana spoke with a disgusted face.

"You and me both." Aegon nodded. "But the ones in Flea Bottom are much worse."

They both continue to make their way down the stairs, the smell of the city getting more intense. Suddenly Aegon stops making Alana bump into his back. "We're almost there, just stay close to me."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

They both walk in the city, Alana staying close to Aegon. Aegon pushes through the crowds of people, his arm on Alana's wrist. There are people shouting at each other, people drinking, some men and woman in positions that Alana couldn't comprehend.

Aegon leads Alana towards the Market, people selling jewelry, food, weapons, clothing. "This is much better than a boring feast with old lords and ladies gushing about your name day." Aegon spoke to Alana over the yells.

"I suppose you're right." Alana chuckled.

Aegon suddenly stops at a stall where a woman is selling bright fruits, that is strangely shaped. "What is this?" He muttered, picking up a purple fruit.

"Dragonfruit, it's sweeter than any wine you have drank before. Would you like one?" The woman asks, smiling at Aegon with a grin.

Aegon shook his head, before putting the fruit down and walking away, Alana following close behind.

Alana follows Aegon close before she notices a vendor with jewelry stand. "You boys! Care to bring a necklace to your woman at home?" The man who looks to be about The Kings age, speaks to them. Alana and Aegon both look at each other when the man called them boys.

Alana picks up a dragon necklace, looking at the ruby necklace with a dragon with the long neck. Aegon standing next to Alana. "We don't have any money.." Aegon whispered in her ear.

Alana glances at the vendor who speaks to another customer nearby, she places the necklace down. Aegon looks up at the vendor before grabbing a necklace, and grabbing Alana's hand with his free hand. "Run, Run!"

"You boys didn't pay for that!" The vendor yells, running after them, but the old age gets back at him, making him stop running trying to catch his breath.

Alana and Aegon laugh as they run away from the scene, bumping into people now and then. Aegon leads the way through alleyways, sharp turns, and shortcuts.

Alana keeps a hand on her cap so her hair doesn't go flying out as they run. Finally what feels after an entirety of running they run down an alleyway, away from the market. Aegon stops running putting the necklace in his pocket, leaning against the wall, breathing heavily.

Alana laughs with a heavy breaths, leaning against the opposite wall of him. "Oh gods, I didn't know you were going to steal the necklace, I didn't even want the dragon."

"I didn't even get the dragon necklace." Aegon laughs pulling the necklace out of his pocket tossing her the necklace.

Alana ran her finger over the silver direwolf necklace, "It's beautiful." Alana grinned, looking up at Aegon. "Help me put it on." She tossed the necklace back at him.

Aegon catches the necklace and nods, Alana standing in the middle of the alleyway, turning her back towards him. Aegon put the necklace around her neck, his warm breath on her neck.

"There." Aegon nodded, Alana turning to look at him.

"Thank you." Alana smiled, her finger touching the necklace.

Aegon nodded, his breath catching in his throat at the sight of her. He shook his head and cleared his throat. "Come on, there's more places to show."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
time skip next chapter, three months!