Chapter 5 - The Silver Lining After A Storm

•°•❀•°•°•❀•°•°•❀•°•°•❀•°•

Mujhe yoon hi kar ke khwaabon se juda,Jaane kahan chhup ke baitha hai khuda

Jaane kahan chhup ke baitha hai khuda.

Jaanu na main kab hua khud se gumshuda,
Kaise jeeyoon rooh bhi mujhse hai juda.

(Name of the Song - Kyu mai jaagoon)

•°•❀•°•°•❀•°•°•❀•°•°•❀•°•

-• 🥀 •-

Tears streamed down my face as I laid curled up on the floor, trembling in fear

Tears streamed down my face as I laid curled up on the floor, trembling in fear. The sound of constant knocking resonated in my empty apartment.

A loud shriek escaped my lips as a sound of loud thump reverberated in the room, startling me to the core. It sounded like something just collided with the door.

Is he.. Is he trying to break the door?

My eyes widened as I sat up in panic and looked around the room. My gaze fell on my bag next to the sofa and I dashed towards it. In the midst of running towards the bag, I lost my balance in haste and ended up scratching my right elbow on the edge of the wooden table.

A cry eluded me as a wave of pain outspread my hand. I looked down at the blood oozing out of my wounded hand, causing me to screech in agony. I wrapped my left hand around the elbow in the reflex to stop the blood dribbling out of it.

Just then, another thump echoed in the room, startling me again. My head turned towards the door in a jerk.

"Open up, baby girl." I heard his muffled evil voice.

My eyes widened in fear as I looked towards the door in pure terror. His voice roused me to fury and I rushed towards my bag.

I need to call the police.