Chapter 11 - The Turbulence

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Bin kuch kahe, bin kuch sune,Haathon mein haath liye

Haathon mein haath liye.

Char kadam, bas char kadam
Chal do na saath mere.

(Name of the song - Chaar Kadam)

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱•✾•⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

-• 🥀 •-

This job proposal has to be the most bizarre thing I've ever heard in my 23 years of existence

This job proposal has to be the most bizarre thing I've ever heard in my 23 years of existence. How can I be his fake girlfriend? How do you even fake that? The aberrant scheme of two people pretending to be together for the sake of camera seems like a lame blague.

A lame blague that can help your swamp life.

I shook my thought away and took a deep breath. This job sounds too complicated for me. Just because I'm in need of money, doesn't mean I'll do anything.

What other options do you have?

The verity of that statement hit me like a truck. Neither do I have a house nor a confirmed job. There's no guarantee that I'll get a job or a house quick enough. Even if I get one, how will I afford accommodation right after finding a job? Should I contact the Ashram? Maybe, I can live there for a while until I save enough for a house.

What is the need when you have a better option in hand?

The maelstrom of ambivalence about this job is making me crazy. A part of my mind says that it's easy and safe while the other says that it's extremely foolish and unethical.

I don't even know what my job would be.

"I'm sorry for making you so uncomfortable." Abhishek's voice reverberated, causing me to come out of my chain of thoughts.