Chapter 9: That Spark

"Sorry, Sakura

"Sorry, Sakura. I'm fightin' first." Hiragi boosts himself out of his seat.

"Hey! Hold on a minute! The two first-years got their fight! So why do I have to wait?!"

"You're up against Togame, right? And he doesn't seem like he wants to fight just yet." Hiragi spins his shoulder, getting loosened up. "Togame's their second-in-command. Normally, I should be facin' him, but..."

"What, you wanna say I can't win?!"

"Don't get me wrong... I'm saying that I'm leaving it in your hands."

The expression Hiragi wore stunned Sakura

The expression Hiragi wore stunned Sakura. He's never seen him with such a look. Sure, Hiragi was always the serious type, but the way his eyes commanded Sakura's, it was as though he marked him for greatness.

The boy flops back in his seat.

"I-I don't need you leavin' nothin' in my hands! I'll still fight him! And beat his ass!" He crosses his arms like it would shield him from his own flustered state. "And what's with slanty eyes over there?! That jerk cut the line!"

"Do they know each other?" Nirei asks.

"Well, it sure seems that way!" Suo chimes in.

"Hiragi, he doesn't usually talk about himself. But, it's not really all that surprising if he really does know someone outside of Furin." Umemiya comments.

"Having a reunion with the opponent is pretty unique though." Kasumi sits with her knees apart, not noticing that she's been touching Sakura's since he sat down. He doesn't want to make it awkward so he suffers in silence.

"Sheesh, I'd still fight ya even when we're on the same side." Rin sticks her tongue out.

"Talk to me when you remember ever winning against me." Kasumi shoos her words away.