Chapter 10: You're So Cool

Hiragi couldn't leave him

Not on the ground when he knows how Shishitoren treats their defeated members. Sako was someone from his past that he couldn't forget.

So when Togame ordered someone to deal with him, he couldn't in good conscience let them.

He picked Sako up and placed him over his shoulders, his weight a lot heavier than when they were kids. He felt all of Sako's hard work and it stung to know that their relationship was left on such a sour note.

"You know... you don't have to be so gentle with him." Togame says as he observes how Hiragi sets Sako down on their side of the audience.

Bofurin's second-in-command didn't answer.

Togame bends down with a chilling grin. "All right, thanks for trying, kid." His words meant for Sako rubbed Hiragi the wrong way. So when Togame clutched at Sako's jacket to unskin him from Shishitoren, Hiragi's hand gripped his wrist, halting him from doing so.

"What do you want?" Togame's smile drops.

"You can deal with him after your match. Since we don't know what's gonna happen."

Togame can feel himself losing some blood circulation, ripping his arm away from Hiragi. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Who knows? But, well I'm just talking to myself now. I don't think you can make your team any stronger doing shit like that." Hiragi gets up and walks away from Togame and Sako, hands in his pockets.

"Welcome back." Suo greets him back to Bofurin's side.

"G-great job out there, sir!" Nirei says.

"You're not bad when you try." Sakura purses his lips.

Kasumi doesn't miss how abrupt Hiragi is when he thanks his underclassmen. He smiles but when his back is turned, it drops. He walks over to his seat and plops down.

"So who's next?" Rin asks.

Sakura and Kasumi turn to each other.

With how the order was turning out, Kasumi should be on deck and ready to go. But the way Sakura silently begs with his eyes...

"You want to go that badly?" She asks.

Sakura's intense stare multiplies.

"Geez..." Kasumi sighs. "Jurina, I don't feel like going up yet. Stage fright and all."

Everyone knew that was bullshit, especially Jurina, but with how Sakura pumps his fist in the air Kasumi didn't really care.

Togame stands. "All right, let's get this show on the road. Othello."

"You ready?" Sakura emits a rare grin, finally able to let off some steam.

The audience bursts with excited cheers, and the yelling increases tenfold.