Chapter 14: He Speaks

The sound of pitter-patter hits the roof of the abandoned theater as a storm rolls into the spring day

The sound of pitter-patter hits the roof of the abandoned theater as a storm rolls into the spring day. A flash of lightning illuminates through the windows, a rumbling of thunder coming right after and giving Kasumi an unsettled feeling.

"Too bad? Why's that?" Tomiyama asks, unfamiliar with Umemiya's sentiment.

Both leaders stare at each other with opposite emotions swirling in their eyes. One with everything and the other with nothing.

"Oh well! Whatever!" Tomiyama says with a large grin. "Forget about those fights already! Umeme, you're so unfair! What a cheater!"

Umemiya scrunches his eyebrows as he lets Tomiyama bounce around him like a child would do when throwing a tantrum.

He points at Umemiya's section in the audience. "Bofurin has so many strong guys there! We're nothing like you guys. Everyone on my team's weak. And because of that, I can't be free."

"It's no fun."

Kasumi crosses her arms, careful not to injure her hands further. She hears his team mutter to themselves and she finds it hard not to sympathize with them.

"What the hell man..."

"Is that how Tomiyama sees us...?"

Togame lowers his head in shame when he hears the same thing.

"But if I can win, then Umeme and Furin..." Tomiyama's arms stretch out wide. "All of this... will become mine."

Jurina's cheek twitches. She didn't know they were gambling their teams. Like hell, she was going to hand over the Crescents to Shishitoren because of their association with Bofurin.

"You're the top of Furin." Tomiyama addresses Umemiya. "You're stronger and freer than anyone else there. That's why you're having so much fun, right? If I can prove that I'm stronger than you... if I can have Furin, then..."

"...This time for real, I'll be free. I'll be happier than anyone else."

"Finally...finally... this boring life of mine will end."

"C'mon Umeme. Give me..."

"Everything you own!!!" Tomiyama's aura multiplies as though he summoned the power to charge at Umemiya.