Chapter 13: Overdid It

The electrified crowd are on their feet, going wild as Bofurin and Crescents stay seated

The electrified crowd are on their feet, going wild as Bofurin and Crescents stay seated. They hollered for who they rooted for, some of Shishitoren even encouraging Kasumi as her and Chiya go toe-to-toe.

Noa and Rin chant Kasumi's name, competing with the overall noise of the crowd.

Sakura and Nirei were swept up in the ruckus as well.

"Go Sone! Go!"

"You better not lose after all that talk!!!"

Kasumi eats a punch to the face, gritting her teeth as she send a faster one back to Chiya. They struggle to gain the upper hand on each other.

Their hands interlock with another, trying to push the other to the ground as their faces come close. Their breaths run ragged and their eyes search each others.

Chiya's expression slowly morphs into one that seemed like she was battling her own thoughts. She didn't understand why this dark feeling within herself seemed to consume her life.

Kasumi was right, she was jealous. So much so, that she didn't know whether or not her actions during the fight was valid anymore.

Chiya's head turns around, her eyes widening then turning back to her opponent.

Kasumi's gaze watches Chiya's inner dilemma, how she seems distracted.

Her grip tightens. "Let's get real."

Chiya's eyes widen when Kasumi pulls her over her shoulder.

She's able to save herself, planting her feet before she met the ground. She spins as she keeps her hold on Kasumi, rolling them both onto the ground.

They both get up, meeting in the center of the stage again.

Kasumi drops to her knees, sliding with her head tilting backwards to evade Chiya's quick kick.

She's behind when she stops, boosting herself up with her hands and as if she was break dancing, she rotates and keeps her legs stretched out, knocking Chiya down with one of the hardest hits during the whole fight.

Chiya is down when Kasumi skillfully gets back to her feet. She stays down, her eyes staring up at the ceiling.

"Phew!" Kasumi puts her hands on her head, breathing hard. "That was intense."

Chiya makes no move to get up and the crowd quiets down, observing the girls' movements.

"I... think I know the answer to our question." Chiya says.