bonus ; epilogue

.・。.・゜✭・End .・✫・゜・。.

Weather Any Storm

The sunlight streamed through the plush hotel room curtains, bathing the space in a warm glow. Dahee sat perched on a plush stool, her reflection staring back from the vanity mirror.

A makeup artist, her nimble fingers a blur of activity, expertly applied the finishing touches to Dahee's graduation makeup.

Today was graduation, and Minseo, ever the planner, had booked a luxurious hotel suite for them to get ready in, conveniently located a stone's throw away from their high school.

Minseo and Yeji, already dressed in their graduation gowns, buzzed with nervous excitement, snapping photos of themselves using Minseo's phone. Their laughter echoed in the spacious room, momentarily forgotten as Yeji stumbled over her high heels.

"Yeji! be careful!" Minseo exclaimed, rushing to her side and catching her before a potential tumble. "Graduation isn't the time to break an ankle!"

Yeji steadied herself, a pout forming on her otherwise radiant face. "It's not my fault these heels make me look like a baby giraffe learning to walk!"

Dahee giggled, finally turning her attention away from the makeup artist who was putting the finishing touches on her own makeup. "Maybe next time we stick to flats, Minseo," she teased.

The makeup artist, a kind woman with gentle eyes, smiled. "There you go, all finished!" she said, stepping back to admire her handiwork.

Dahee leaned closer to the mirror, surprised at the woman's artistry. Her eyes sparkled with a smoky allure she wouldn't normally attempt. "Wow," she breathed, feeling a surge of confidence.

"Turn around, Dahee-yah!" Minseo squealed, already brandishing her phone. "We need graduation photos with you looking like a movie star!"

Yeji, ever the voice of reason, chimed in with a playful jab. "Just don't let it go to your head, Heeda-yah. Remember, graduation doesn't mean you're suddenly exempt from doing dishes."

Dahee stuck out her tongue, a playful smile replacing the momentary worry on her face. "Oh, don't worry, Yeji. I haven't forgotten who cooks the best ramen in this trio."

Dahee's playful banter with Minseo and Yeji continued as they documented every step of getting ready. Posed photos showcasing their stunning dresses alternated with blurry, candid shots that captured their genuine excitement.

Videos of them laughing hysterically at each other's clumsy attempts at modelling were sure to be a cherished memory in the years to come.

After making sure they're fully ready, they make their way downstairs by the elevator and out by the hotel entrance.

Yeji, ever the daredevil, hopped excitedly into the driver's seat of the brand-new car Minseo had received for her birthday. The cherry red convertible, a symbol of Minseo's independent spirit, glistened in the morning sun.

Stepping out of the sleek black car, they were greeted by the familiar sight of their high school, adorned with colorful graduation banners and bustling with students.

As they pulled into the school parking lot, a familiar wave of nostalgia washed over Dahee. Memories of countless inside jokes, whispered secrets, and late-night study sessions flooded her mind.

It felt like just yesterday they were nervous freshmen, navigating the unfamiliar halls. Now, they stood on the precipice of adulthood, about to embark on new chapters in their lives.