~02~

It was dark in the room now. The small tanned lamps were the only source of light around the room. Everyone was asleep now, all except Thomas and Spencer.

Thomas washed his face over with the water from the sink before laying back down on his bed. He lay face up just staring at Newt's bed that was on top of his. He looked over at Spencer's bed and could see that she was clearly awake, just not bothering to move.

A rattling noise caught both of their attention. Thomas tilted his head to the side to locate where the noise was coming from and Spencer turned over in her bed to see if he would actually go or not. The rattling noise got louder as Thomas propped himself up on his elbow, "Psst."

Thomas looked at all the boys that were sleeping trying to work out where the noise was coming from, "Hey." A whisper came from somewhere, "Down here."

As Thomas lay down on his stomach to lean over the side of his bed and look underneath, he saw Aris was in the vents.

He put his finger up to his lips to shush him before Thomas made any other noise. He signalled for him to follow after him, "Come on, follow me."

Aris began backing up whilst Thomas stared for a second processing, "What?" He muttered to himself before sliding under the bed and crawling into the vents.

He crawled down the vent and rounded the corner, seeing Aris waiting for him, "This way." Aris didn't wait for an answer crawling further into the vents.

The two of them crawled down the dark vents, Aris every now and then looking back to see if Thomas was still following him. After a while, Thomas stopped him, "Wait a second, what are you doing?"

"Come on, we're going to miss it." Thomas let out a deep breath realising he isnt going to get an answer yet, "What the hell am i doing?" He muttered to himself.

Aris came to a stop in a big square of the vents with a small dip where the vent opening was, Thomas followed in after him looking around before resting on Aris.

"What are we doing here?"

"Shh. Just come here." Aris beckoned for him to come over as they spoke in hushed voices. Thomas stood up in a crouched position, walking over to him as fast as he could.

He looked down to the vent opening and then back up to Aris who looked back at him. "Watch."

Thomas looked at Aris doubting him before looking down at the vent coverage. They waited for a moment until a Doctor walked under the vent, pulling a keycard out of her pocket and swiping it making the doors slide open. Tables with a silhouette of a human body are rolled through the doors followed by the Doctor.

After the doors close, Thomas looks up at Aris, "What the hell was that?" He asks.

"They bring new ones in, every night like clockwork." Aris replies.

"Do you know what they do with them?"

"I dunno. This is as far as i've gotten. The vents don't even go into that section." Aris says, "But when they go in those doors, they don't come back out." He pauses pursing his lips, "I don't think anybody ever really leaves this place."

The two stayed in silence for a little while, "Come on, we gotta go before anybody notices we're gone." Aris says beginning to leave.

"Why are you showing me this?"

"Because maybe the others will listen to you. There's something weird going on here and I know you think so too."

"W-wait." Thomas speaks again, "What is your name?"